BBC/ITV Midlands News

Birmingham appeared in the wall of regions at the end of the 10, but the studio was in partial darkness. East Midlands Today covered both the West and East Midlands from Nottingham.

[-] The following 3 users Like Phil's post:
  • Former Member 406, IanJRedman, Steve in Pudsey

Talking about the Moire effect (as in the Yorkshire thread), I have noticed it during the weather forecasts on MT, a subtle diagonal rippling interference pattern across the whole screen and map. And subtely on the tower, but not as obvious as the recent example posted in the Look North thread.
[-] The following 4 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • Former Member 406, harshy, Quantum+83, Superman1986

East Midlands Today tonight had a techissue, they started the programme with lighting/backdrops, but after first report until the end, they had no backdrop. 

[Image: vlcsnap-2023-05-27-17h58m36s798.png?widt...height=676][Image: vlcsnap-2023-05-27-17h59m28s700.png?widt...height=676]
[-] The following 5 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • AaronLancs, Former Member 406, oscillon, Stuart, Superman1986

Seems as if something has happened to Steve Clamp between the pre-recorded East Mids ITV News Central which him and Hannah are presenting and the live West Mids edition where Hannah is presenting in her own.
[-] The following 3 users Like RDJ's post:
  • Former Member 406, Quantum+83, Superman1986

I caught Midlands Today tonight for the first time in a long time (not living in the region) - I noticed the wideshot camera appears to have a really choppy framerate, but much more in focus than the other cameras.

Is it odd that one camera appears to be very different to the others in the studio.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Lester

It’s the same in Leeds as well not sure why but it looks weird or someone has masked the top part.

Such is how much it bugs me:
The standard PQ from Birmingham's Thomson cameras
[Image: pqmtd.png]
The wideshot camera that appears to run at a choppy framerate, interesting colour temperature and has some weird artefacts on the screens:
[Image: pq2mtd.jpeg]
[-] The following 2 users Like Mike's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

Interesting Insta post from Rebecca Wood showing just how tight the Birmingham studio is with the new set:

www.instagram.com ==
[-] The following 1 user Likes steve's post:
  • UTVLifer

Looks like Midlands Today had issues with the backing screens on the late bulletin tonight. The whole bulletin was presented from the tower screen. Although they used a very tight shot, you could just about see that the screens were black.

(08-07-2023, 06:07 PM)Mike Wrote:  Such is how much it bugs me:
The standard PQ from Birmingham's Thomson cameras
[Image: pqmtd.png]
The wideshot camera that appears to run at a choppy framerate, interesting colour temperature and has some weird artefacts on the screens:
[Image: pq2mtd.jpeg]
Still not a massive fan of those towers, especially as they look like they are wheeled onto the set on a trolley, like those old TV's at school used to be, and the fact they are angled strangely, not parallel with the back of the set, probably to avoid Moore interference.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Juicy Joe's post:
  • chris