TV Social Media Pres Gold

This clip has appeared,  which is another ITV promotion with John Thaw.  We have to wonder if Thaw did 15 take with each company name? 

www.youtube.com 

A nice and interesting Tweet chain this morning from Dom at BBC Scotland, going behind the scenes of a typical shift in Pres A.

twitter.com 

TV Whirl - Since 2001
[-] The following 1 user Likes TesTVWhirl's post:
  • Si-Co

Does BBC One Scotland still do that odd thing of taking most of the 5.55am junction from BBC One network and then having a BBC One Scotland ident/link into Breakfast? Never understood why they did that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Clean Feed's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I always understood this bit here being about making sure that a cleaner didn't start cutting up random sources overnight:
twitter.com 

There's also an alarm on the system in London in case control's not been handed over by a certain time. One morning it went off, so I checked the checklist, which said to call the head of pres to let them know.

The checklist was soon updated to say to call Pres A first.

(I'd managed to wake up both the recently retired head of pres, then the current one, who was almost out the door before the pres director called - they were in the room but had just forgotten to call)
[-] The following 2 users Like thegeek's post:
  • Ma76, TVFan

On the topic of BBC, a collection of BBC Video World openers, bumpers and closings, in all COW's glory:
youtu.be 

Not too familiar about this service - from what I saw, seems like a tape subscription service with updates on the Beeb and British current affairs? Can someone enlighten me about that?

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

I’m not sure if it was discussed in the purple place or on Twitter, but essentially it was a video and magazine service the BBC offered around the world to viewers wanting to see the best of British TV, with some news and current affairs material. From what I remember they often had single episodes of dramas and comedies on them.
[-] The following 2 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, W. Knight

On the Internet Archive 2 full tapes of BBC Video World are availabe to watch, here they are:
archive.org 

archive.org 
[-] The following 2 users Like Roger Darthwell's post:
  • The Decimator, W. Knight

As someone who remembers the show, this is wonderful:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Lester, Steve in Pudsey

Launch of Central's new look in 1998:
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • The Decimator

The Central "globe logo"? It looks even less like a globe than it does a cake!

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]