TV Social Media Pres Gold

(26-06-2023, 10:44 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Here's a weird one

www.youtube.com 

That's not really a PIF is it?

Seems like very much the sort of thing they were aiming for with the 'Birds of Britain' filler from Look Around You! 

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Transmission's post:
  • Spencer

Something a bit different, this is a closedown of Channel 33 in Dubai from 1991. The most interesting bit though are the teletext pages, especially the very familiar looking page 7 minutes in (and on the thumbnail!)

youtu.be 
[-] The following 5 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • Nobby, Roger Darthwell, Si-Co, Stuart, The Decimator

Kaleidoscope have done it again, here’s a short Thames closedown from 1974. This is probably now the oldest Thames closedown online.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 6 users Like nwtv2003's post:
  • lookoutwales, PatrZDZ, Roger Darthwell, Spencer, Stooky Bill, The Decimator

The Front Row preview channel- memories of the early days we had cable

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • LargelyALurker, Medianext.MX

Good old Bob Monkhouse.

(08-07-2023, 08:28 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Kaleidoscope have done it again, here’s a short Thames closedown from 1974. This is probably now the oldest Thames closedown online.

youtu.be 
[-] The following 4 users Like Milkshake's post:
  • Larry the Loafer, nwtv2003, Roger Darthwell, Spencer

(08-07-2023, 08:28 AM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  Kaleidoscope have done it again, here’s a short Thames closedown from 1974. This is probably now the oldest Thames closedown online.

youtu.be 
I don’t suppose anyone knows why the colour balance on that Thames endcap might have been so completely way off?

(08-07-2023, 09:14 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Good old Bob Monkhouse.

Ah yes, I forgot the Monkhouse family pretty donated his shed of video tapes to Kaleidoscope. I’m sure they found Lenny Henry’s first TV appearance from one of Bob’s tapes, which Lenny believed to have been wiped.
[-] The following 1 user Likes nwtv2003's post:
  • The Decimator

Yes, there was a documentry about his collection a few years ago, they actually showed Lenny himself watching it for the first time, he was doing a Frank Spencer impression.

(08-07-2023, 10:02 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Yes, there was a documentry about his collection a few years ago, they actually showed Lenny himself watching it for the first time, he was doing a Frank Spencer impression.

The Secret Life of Bob Monkhouse.
IIRC Lenny saw his New Faces clip at one of the Kaleidoscope exhibitions they do every once in a while, typically when some high profile lost show has been found.

(08-07-2023, 10:02 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Yes, there was a  documentry about his collection a few years ago, they actually showed Lenny himself watching it for the first time, he was doing a Frank Spencer impression.

I’m afraid to tell you that 2011 is no longer a few years ago, even if it feels like it.

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]