Doctor Who

Yes this was the very last Chibnall episode.

Next one will be RTD2.
[-] The following 3 users Like Scrotnig's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(23-10-2022, 11:52 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  What a wonderful episode and a fantastic ending for Jodie Whittaker. The companions around the console harked back to Tennant’s last episode (well previously last), but worked well together. I like the idea of the support group at the end as it makes sense that there will be many an ex companion with no one to talk to. It was great to see old faces of the doctor return, but it felt odd that they didn’t include any of the more recent doctors. The regeneration looked fantastic, it was great to see one outside the Tardis. I look forward to seeing where it heads now.

Just for clarification, was this Chibnell’s last Doctor Who with the specials next year being the start of the BBC/Bad Wolf TV co-production?
That was Journey's End, not The End of Time - so not 10's finale. It was actually four episodes before he regenerated.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • UTVLifer

Watching back, the new BBC blocks were rightly in the titles, yet still the old logo (twice) being used in the credits. And what, it's a year since the new logo was introduced....

[Image: tig96x96.png]

The only bit I didn't quite get from last night's episode was Bradley Walsh's surprise appearance during the action in the volcano, which felt as if it wasn't fully explained how he got there. Did like the appearances of so many former doctors and assistants though.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

(24-10-2022, 08:36 AM)Keith Wrote:  The only bit I didn't quite get from last night's episode was Bradley Walsh's surprise appearance during the action in the volcano, which felt as if it wasn't fully explained how he got there. Did like the appearances of so many former doctors and assistants though.

I watched Revolution of the Daleks a couple of days ago - the final scene with Ryan and Graham (Walsh) makes it no surprise.

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Andrew Wood's post:
  • Keith

Yeah, Graham is doing Doctory things back on Earth, like Sarah Jane did. 13 knew he would, which is why she gave him Psychic Paper.
[-] The following 4 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Andrew Wood, Keith, Ma76, UTVLifer

The final scene has caused some controversy with the Lulworth Estate:

www.bbc.co.uk 

(24-10-2022, 12:36 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  
(23-10-2022, 11:52 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  What a wonderful episode and a fantastic ending for Jodie Whittaker. The companions around the console harked back to Tennant’s last episode (well previously last), but worked well together. I like the idea of the support group at the end as it makes sense that there will be many an ex companion with no one to talk to. It was great to see old faces of the doctor return, but it felt odd that they didn’t include any of the more recent doctors. The regeneration looked fantastic, it was great to see one outside the Tardis. I look forward to seeing where it heads now.

Just for clarification, was this Chibnell’s last Doctor Who with the specials next year being the start of the BBC/Bad Wolf TV co-production?
That was Journey's End, not The End of Time - so not 10's finale. It was actually four episodes before he regenerated.
My apologies.

THIS JUST IN: the new Doctor Who will be a co-production of BBC Studios/Bad Wolf... and Disney Television Studios. As part of the partnership, the show will air internationally on Disney+ alongside its broadcast on BBC One. Additionally, the new logo has been unveiled, and it is... a throwback.

twitter.com 

Not at all sure about that logo. It looks like something an American broadcasters would use for promotion of it. They certainly going to nostalgia so maybe some simplification of the story telling will happen too.

I think being on Disney+ internationally will give the show a massive profile boost.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Medianext.MX