Doctor Who

This looks tremendous. I'm pleasantly surprised such a major trailer has been released 11 months out:

youtu.be 
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer

(25-12-2022, 08:51 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  This looks tremendous. I'm pleasantly surprised such a major trailer has been released 11 months out:

youtu.be 

The Russell T. Davies Effect Big Grin
[-] The following 3 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • IanJRedman, Ma76, UTVLifer

I was never a big fan of RTD, but compared to the last 5 years of Doctor Who, the trailer looks promising. I do hope it will be great, with the creativity of RTD, the budget that teaming up with Disney and Bad Wolf Productions will bring, as well as the improved camerawork from the Chibnall era (It was trash, but well shot and colour graded)

Neil Patrick Harris does stick out a bit, but its Doctor Who, it loves publicity. That's why we had Beryl Reid in Earthshock.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blubatt's post:
  • UTVLifer

Tosin Cole, who played Ryan, has just wasted a few months filming the second season of 61st Street for AMC - which now won't be shown. I wish they wouldn't mess around with cast, crew and viewers like that.
www.digitalspy.com 
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001, RhysJR

(28-11-2022, 09:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  The Sarah Jane Adventures is available on iPlayer again - but, one of the stories from the fifth series, The Curse of Clyde Langer, is missing.

The Curse of Clyde Langer was uploaded to iPlayer with the rest of the series within the last 10 days. There's been a few minor edits to remove all references to the Mojave Desert/Native Americans apparently. A few other episodes have also had minor tweaks I believe.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001, JAS84

(09-01-2023, 03:01 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  
(28-11-2022, 09:06 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  The Sarah Jane Adventures is available on iPlayer again - but, one of the stories from the fifth series, The Curse of Clyde Langer, is missing.

The Curse of Clyde Langer was uploaded to iPlayer with the rest of the series within the last 10 days. There's been a few minor edits to remove all references to the Mojave Desert/Native Americans apparently. A few other episodes have also had minor tweaks I believe.

twitter.com 
There's a part of me going "it's a 12 year old show, leave it alone!" but the edits are quite nicely done, to be fair. Some nice use of cutaways to hide dialogue trims - and I was surprised they even made a visual edit to one of the Mr Smith graphics.

I'm intrigued about *why* this was done - forgive me for asking - is it because this was perhaps generalising and stereotyping Native Americans?
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • RhysJR

(09-01-2023, 09:35 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(09-01-2023, 03:01 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The Curse of Clyde Langer was uploaded to iPlayer with the rest of the series within the last 10 days. There's been a few minor edits to remove all references to the Mojave Desert/Native Americans apparently. A few other episodes have also had minor tweaks I believe.

twitter.com 
There's a part of me going "it's a 12 year old show, leave it alone!" but the edits are quite nicely done, to be fair. Some nice use of cutaways to hide dialogue trims - and I was surprised they even made a visual edit to one of the Mr Smith graphics.

I'm intrigued about *why* this was done - forgive me for asking - is it because this was perhaps generalising and stereotyping Native Americans?

(bib) That was the impression others on online had from what I've seen. My rudimentary research suggests there were no totem poles in the Mojave Desert for example. 

Also, from what I undertand, the original versions of the episodes are still on BritBox/ITVX.

More casting news for Series 14. Jemma Redgrave will return as Kate Lethbridge-Stewart and Aneurin Barnard will play Roger ap Gwilliam. This will be third successive showrunner Redgrave has featured under. There were reports of filming in Cardiff City Centre featuring Barnard's character last week, I've posted some more details below (seems there's no spoiler thing on here that I can find to hide it).

twitter.com 

POTENTIAL SPOILERS
Looks possible that Barnard's character will be a politician.
twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

This was also spotted in Swansea last week, also believed to be part of Doctor Who filming
twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Ma76

(09-01-2023, 03:24 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  Also, from what I undertand, the original versions of the episodes are still on BritBox/ITVX.
They are indeed. That tweet you posted actually included a video comparing the BritBox and iPlayer versions.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Ma76, RhysJR

Another casting announcement last week. Both were seen filming in Bristol, Millie Gibson was also there.

twitter.com 

There is also a countdown of sorts on the Doctor Who social media pages. Each day has seen a quote and a series of pictures of each Doctor posted counting down to the First Doctor on Saturday presumably. Not sure if this will actually result in anything happening on Sunday though.

twitter.com 

The social media posts have also been scheduled for times matching each Doctor - Peter Davison (the Fifth Doctor) at 5.05pm, for example.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • RhysJR