Doctor Who

(23-03-2024, 12:30 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Saying Disney don't fund it is incorrect. Pay attention to the endcap. It says it's a Bad Wolf and BBC Studios production for BBC and Disney. Disney's logo is stamped on the show! It would just say it was made for the BBC if they were the only ones funding it. The BBC owns the format, but Disney has paid for more than just international distribution.

Worth noting as well that this won't be the first series of the revival to have a North American co-funder on the endcap, with Canada's CBC getting credited in Series 3 (as well as Torchwood series 1).

CBC I think were involved from series 1 but I think BBC America replaced them from series 4. Torchwood had Starz for the fourth series.

Is there any update on the spin offs they might do?

The latest trailer is now more popular than Taylor Swift Cool

twitter.com 

(24-03-2024, 07:15 PM)shropshireguy28 Wrote:  Is there any update on the spin offs they might do?

I haven't seen anything mentioned for a while. Last news results on Google are from early January, with some saying filming was to begin on something on March 4th. That's been and gone without anything said or seen, so who knows. I would have originally expcted something to air in the Autumn of 2024 to fill the gap between the end of the upcoming series and Christmas, but that looks increasingly unlikely.

19 years since it all began a second time

youtu.be 
[-] The following 5 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, DJ Dave, Ma76, Reith85, UTVLifer

Dame Siân Phillips amongst those joining the cast for the upcoming series.

Not sure how leading the BBC's political reporting is good preparation for leading the Beatles though...

www.tvzoneuk.com 

One of the questions on Pointless tonight was "Actor who played The Doctor in Galaxy 4 in 1965". William Hartnell turned out to be a lower scorer than the other four answers you could give on that round (they were all statements describing something related to a galaxy). I guess most people aren't familiar with the black and white Doctor Who episodes.
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • Ma76, UTVLifer

Episode titles are dropping every half hour. Trailer at 6.
twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like JAS84's post:
  • RhysJR, Stuart

New trailer.

Posted on the official channels before it appears on the Disney+ channels this time (still not there at time of writing).

www.youtube.com 

All but two episodes written by RTD

Quote:Space Babies: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
The Devil’s Chord: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Ben Chessell
Boom: Written by Steven Moffat, directed by Julie Anne Robinson
73 Yards: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams
Dot and Bubble: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Dylan Holmes Williams
Rogue: Written by Kate Herron and Briony Redman, directed by Ben Chessell
The Legend of Ruby Sunday: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue
Empire of Death: Written by Russell T Davies, directed by Jamie Donoughue

www.bbc.com 

And final point, compare how much we have been told compared with the Chibnall series. Over a month ahead, we know the air date, all episode titles and some guest stars, as well as multiple trailers. None of that was true at this point in a build-up to a series under Chibnall.
[-] The following 4 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, Stuart, UTVLifer

Yeah, you see the difference in Doctor Who Magazine too. They had to focus a lot more on older stuff because they didn't have the behind the scenes info to report on. Now they can look as much to the future as they do the past, which is how it should be.
[-] The following 4 users Like JAS84's post:
  • AndrewP, Ma76, RhysJR, UTVLifer