Doctor Who

That's partly the US involvement where announcing premiere dates months in advance is the norm. Whether the promo beyond the promo is a good thing or not I'm not so sure - feels like it's all gone a bit X Factor with a desperation to be creating headlines when it's not on air - and I do find it a bit disrespectful that so much about Ncuti's second series has been leaked before his first has gone to air. Fans need to be able to enjoy each episode as it airs, not be concerned about what might be happening in the show 12-18 months later.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • AndrewP, JosiahStuart, Kim Wexler’s Ponytail

The headline stuff feels like it comes more down to Russell T Davies. It was very much the same during his first era.
[-] The following 4 users Like Strange's post:
  • AndrewP, Happy2001, JosiahStuart, UTVLifer

I think it’s gone too far the other way. There needs to be a middle ground between nothing and oversaturation. It’s especially anticlimactic when the stuff that’s hyped up for 2 years as being the best thing that’s ever been filmed turns out to be as mediocre as the 60th/Xmas specials were. Ncuti is great in the role but it kind of feels like he has already been around forever.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kim Wexler’s Ponytail's post:
  • Brekkie, TVFan

A few preview clips of the first episode have appeared on ABC's Good Morning America as part of interviews with Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson. Feels pretty big for the show to get promotion on the USA's biggest breakfast show. The episode preview clips in the spoiler.

I guess the 'Disney+ is owned by Disney, ABC's parent company' strapline is a legal requirement of some sort?

www.goodmorningamerica.com 

www.youtube.com 

x.com 

twitter.com 

[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Stuart

Why is the first tweet (from within that spoiler tag) saying "not found"? The link works, it just isn't embedding for some reason.

(30-04-2024, 10:42 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Why is the first tweet (from within that spoiler tag) saying "not found"? The link works, it just isn't embedding for some reason.

I would guess because the video has been marked as 'sensitive content' on Twitter, and that probably to reduce accidental spoilers.

EDIT: Replaced it with a different tweet that has embedded fine for me.
  • Stuart

(30-04-2024, 10:37 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  A few preview clips of the first episode have appeared on ABC's Good Morning America as part of interviews with Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson. Feels pretty big for the show to get promotion on the USA's biggest breakfast show. The episode preview clips in the spoiler.

I guess the 'Disney+ is owned by Disney, ABC's parent company' strapline is a legal requirement of some sort?

www.goodmorningamerica.com 

www.youtube.com 

x.com 

twitter.com 

A train on the Times Square-Grand Central shuttle in Manhattan has been Doctor Who branded, whilst the TARDIS has appeared at Disneyland. Really exciting to see the big promotion across the US by Disney.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 
  • Stuart

I wonder if WDW might get some of DW promotion, it would fit in Disney Hollywood Studios or Epcot.

Synopsis and linear air time of Episodes 1 and 2 confirmed. They will air from 18:20 on BBC One, back-to-back leading into Eurovision.

Episode 2 will feature Cilla Black, and Shirley Ballas, Johannes Radebe and Murray Gold as themselves (very meta).

www.tvzoneuk.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001, Strange

This week has seen both Ncuti Gatwa and Millie Gibson announced in doing other projects later this year. This looks like it will be in between recording of series as they around a year ahead of transmission with filming at the moment. That's if Ruby Sunday will be back after next year's season.

x.com 

x.com