Doctor Who

twitter.com 

Especially for those of us around here, this is good news.

Here's most of the original run on YouTube:
www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like RhysJR's post:
  • Ma76, Roger Darthwell

(03-04-2023, 04:57 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  twitter.com 

twitter.com 

Quite the costume for Jinx Monsoon's character as they begin filming. Interestingly, the character's name is not yet named.

twitter.com 

twitter.com 

[Image: FuHCzBtWwAEZm1X?format=jpg&name=900x900]

I'm wondering with Jinkx as a non-binary performer could be the next reincarnation of the Master/Missy... as the Maestro? Might explain the piano detailing on the costume or I'm thinking way too hard about this. I think they'd play that role **excellently**.
[-] The following 2 users Like David's post:
  • JosiahStuart, UTVLifer

Also receiving a striking new costume this week is Ncuti Gatwa

twitter.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • Happy2001

(20-04-2023, 10:47 AM)David Wrote:  I'm wondering with Jinkx as a non-binary performer could be the next reincarnation of the Master/Missy... as the Maestro? Might explain the piano detailing on the costume or I'm thinking way too hard about this. I think they'd play that role **excellently**.

Rani has been suggested to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes CATV's post:
  • David

So 15 will be doing more than just changing his jumper! When the Doctor first took Rose back in time in The Unquiet Dead (episode 3 of the revived show), Rose dressed in period costume, but the Doctor wore his usual leather jacket, protesting that he'd changed his jumper - different coloured jumpers under the jacket was the only costume change the 9th Doctor ever did. He never wore period costume, unlike 15 who clearly is in appropriately period costume here with that afro wig.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • UTVLifer

It does bring up something: Very rarely in the classic show, did The Doctor change outfits. I'd say by Peter Capaldi's run, writers were more comfortable changing the costume for the odd episode. Personally, I think the Doctor being out of place in a period setting was a minor, but important character quirk. It makes sense, but just doesn't seem fitting with the character is all.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

(20-04-2023, 05:41 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  Very rarely in the classic show, did The Doctor change outfits.

Although both the 1st and 2nd had little or no variations of their outfits during there respective runs in the 1960's, the 3rd and 4th Doctors each had  a few costume variations throughout their incarnations respectively during the 19780's. The 5th Doctor barely (if ever) changed out of his Edwardian style cricketers outfit, and I think we would all agree the 6th Doctor should've changed what he wore from that garishly awful technicolour yawn of an outfit he picked to wear.

The 7th Doctor only really changed his jacket from beige to dark brown during his stint in the TARDIS, and lost the ?????? v-neck tanktop / sweater for the TV Movie

Murry Gold is back as composer for Doctor Who.

twitter.com 

www.doctorwho.tv 
[-] The following 6 users Like mdta's post:
  • DJ Dave, IanJRedman, Ma76, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

A teaser for upcoming Doctor Who appeared on BBC One earlier

twitter.com 

Quite a contrast from the previous regime (nothing public until 10 days before transmission) to have something else airing on BBC One over five months ahead of transimssion.