ITVx - The ITV News Streaming Service

It will be interesting to see how/whether they integrate the FAST channels with Sky/BT’s streaming platforms. It would presumably be technically simple to give them LCNs, but whether ITV or BT/Sky would want to do that is interesting to ponder.
[-] The following 3 users Like sjhoward's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, Kojak, Ma76

Shame the service hasn't existed over the last few weeks with all the political chaos as it would have been interesting to see how they handled it. I'm sure there will be enough chaos still to come for them to cover however!
[-] The following 5 users Like gottago's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, bkman1990, Ma76, Rijowhi, UTVLifer

(21-10-2022, 12:27 PM)sjhoward Wrote:  It will be interesting to see how/whether they integrate the FAST channels with Sky/BT’s streaming platforms. It would presumably be technically simple to give them LCNs, but whether ITV or BT/Sky would want to do that is interesting to ponder.
The FAST channels I think will be there mainly to promote the newest shows- I imagine they’ll use one for, say 24/7 footage of the Big Brother reboot, or maybe to air extra World Cup matches. But I don’t see ITV going any further than that- getting extra LCNs will cost them money in fees to Sky/BT/Virgin. And with ITV’s big “digital-first” push, essentially opening new TV channels doesn’t really fit in.

(24-10-2022, 02:08 PM)gottago Wrote:  Shame the service hasn't existed over the last few weeks with all the political chaos as it would have been interesting to see how they handled it. I'm sure there will be enough chaos still to come for them to cover however!

I was just thinking this, Ideally things settle down now and if they do.. thats very bad timing, missed out on some serious stories!
[-] The following 1 user Likes aaron_scotland's post:
  • Rijowhi

However I suspect the last few weeks have made the pilots a lot better which will make the final product good at launch.
[-] The following 10 users Like London Lite's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, BBI45, bkman1990, chevron, DeMarkay, gottago, Jeff, Ma76, Rijowhi, watchingtv

It seems to me that ITV are looking to focus more of their attention on ITVX and they may be right to do so considering more and more of us are using streaming services.

In regards to their new news channel, I'm curious to see what their schedule looks like. I would imagine GMB, the afternoon news, the evening news and news at ten are already a part of this schedule. Who else would present on this new news channel?

Guessing Peston will feature, and maybe get a few more episodes a week to fill out slots?

Also would they do more pre-recorded shows like 'Tonight' which can be slotted in pretty much anywhere?

I don't think it's an actual channel with a schedule is it? It seems to me from what I've read it's VOD so no 'slots' to be filled as such.
[-] The following 2 users Like eyeTV's post:
  • Rijowhi, Stuart

(28-10-2022, 05:54 PM)eyeTV Wrote:  I don't think it's an actual channel with a schedule is it? It seems to me from what I've read it's VOD so no 'slots' to be filled as such.

Indeed, I believe the concept is that with it being a FAST channel, they can add reports and pre-recorded links etc to the stream constantly which negates the need for linear style simulcasts.

I think people have been getting excited seeing the likes of CBS News and NBC News Now adding live programming, but this is more basic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Rijowhi

Does anyone know if itvx will have a skyQ app. Or will it be the normal Amazon, x box, ps5 kind of thing