ITVx - The ITV News Streaming Service

Charlie frost joins the ITVX Reporting team

twitter.com 

I’m impressed with the effort ITV/ITN are putting in to this FAST channel. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out over weekends. Will they just show repeats of Tonight like NBC News now does with Dateline?

Also I would like to see the regional teams have a go at doing some slots making it less London based.

On a similar basis, but BBC North West’s Kelly Foran has recently joined ITV News and is their North of England correspondent now. I’m not sure who their previous correspondent was, but they do seem to be on a bit of a recruitment drive at the minute.

twitter.com 

(29-10-2022, 12:59 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  On a similar basis, but BBC North West’s Kelly Foran has recently joined ITV News and is their North of England correspondent now. I’m not sure who their previous correspondent was, but they do seem to be on a bit of a recruitment drive at the minute.

twitter.com 
Hannah Miller, Who moved from ITV to BBC Breakfast
[-] The following 2 users Like EverythingFavs's post:
  • bkman1990, nwtv2003

Hello. First-time poster.

I read that Faye Barker was joining. Wasn't she a Calendar presenter years ago?

(29-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  Hello. First-time poster.

Yes, I think until around 2004 and then ended up on the ITV News Channel and London Tonight. Went freelance for a bit and then ended up in her current role which is to present London heads on GMB and then a reporter on the Lunchtime News.

(29-10-2022, 09:12 PM)London Lite Wrote:  
(29-10-2022, 09:00 PM)Humphrey Hacker Wrote:  Hello. First-time poster.

Yes, I think until around 2004 and then ended up on the ITV News Channel and London Tonight.  Went freelance for a bit and then ended up in her current role which is to present London heads on GMB and then a reporter on the Lunchtime News.

Yes it seems that long ago.

(29-10-2022, 09:12 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Yes, I think until around 2004 and then ended up on the ITV News Channel and London Tonight. Went freelance for a bit and then ended up in her current role which is to present London heads on GMB and then a reporter on the Lunchtime News.
When she rejoined ITN after being freelance (Sky/C5), she was on the overnight shift - London Tonight late bulletin, ITV Morning News and Daybreak (as it would have been then) London headlines. Back then the other regular presenter on that shift was Charlene White. When the weekend breakfast summary was introduced, Faye and Charlene stopped doing overnights at the weekend and did weekend daytimes instead (which Faye still does sometimes). Faye took up her current shift when the Morning News was axed, and Charlene went onto more high profile shifts.
[-] The following 2 users Like excel99's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite

(29-10-2022, 12:59 PM)nwtv2003 Wrote:  On a similar basis, but BBC North West’s Kelly Foran has recently joined ITV News and is their North of England correspondent now. I’m not sure who their previous correspondent was, but they do seem to be on a bit of a recruitment drive at the minute.

twitter.com 

Sounds like she will be sharing her title with Rachel Townsend of both Granada Reports and Calendar, the current North of England Correspondent for ITV News.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KryptonITV's post:
  • Superman1986

Here's the bit from the press release about ITV News on ITVX

"ITVX represents a new and exciting way for news to be consumed by audiences. Viewers can expect to see a dedicated rail featuring the most significant and interesting stories, updated throughout the day, some in bitesize easily digestible video and other longer more in-depth reports of news from ITV’s bulletins, and in the morning, GMB. ITVX will work in tandem with the ITV News website and ITV News social pages, with a range of reporters and presenters delivering new content daily, in the latest expansion of ITV’s award-winning journalism offering."
[-] The following 1 user Likes eyeTV's post:
  • Rijowhi