Channel 4 News

(29-04-2023, 09:52 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(29-04-2023, 07:42 PM)JMT1985 Wrote:  I don't see Channel 4 leaving GIR, especially considering they signed a new contract with ITN to continue to provide Channel 4 News.

In a way, both Channel 4 News in Studio 6 at ITN and the ITV News in Studio 1 at ITN are in real need of a refresh by now.

The design of Studio 6 has actually remained largely the same since it launched in 1999, of course with changes to the set, lighting, colours etc, but the basic look has remained unchanged, with that nice atrium view. Maybe tweaking the colour scheme and lighting, a new desk etc is all that is need to freshen up Studio 6.
Not knowing the ‘geography’ of that building, I have no idea if this is possible - but I’d love it if ITV could make a real version of their current set (so have it actually backing on to the control room). As I said, I have no idea where the control room actually is in relation to the studios/newsroom, so don’t know if this idea is at all feasible.

Well they already did this back in their early days in the building - ITN News on ITV had their own studio based in the newsroom called Studio 3 - used for the Early Evening News from 1992 with News at Ten located on the newsroom floor too from 1992 to 1994, and then the weekend/bank holiday news bulletins. 

The newsroom and studio moved down one floor in 1994, so they do have experience of having a real newsroom studio
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • Kojak, UTVLifer

As seen when ITV News decamped to ITV Yorkshire during power issues, the rail service is fast enough to send staff up from London to work in Leeds when required.
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, Superman1986, UTVLifer

The new studio looks great on screen - which causes the problem of making the old studio look not so great. Ideally they'll update that with a similar design sooner rather than later.

Can imagine the new end board design for C4 promos being adapted to a decent intro sequence for C4 News too - never been a fan of the current one.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DeMarkay, Superman1986

Allow me to put this here.  "4 News" was seen in the recent rebrand reel.  Maybe keep your eyes peeled for something?

[-] The following 2 users Like Lyric's post:
  • bkman1990, GeeTeeKay474

Should be easy enough to work the animating cube into the titles.

C4 are airing Jon Snow: A Witness to History - a retrospective of his career. It's on Channel 4 on Sunday at 10pm or on Channel 4 now if you want to stream it (well, according to the ad - I can't find it!)
[-] The following 6 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Omnipresent, Roger Darthwell, Superman1986, xlalonce

Krishnan 25th anniversary: I really LOVE this set.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • bkman1990, RhysJR, Roger Darthwell, Spencer, xlalonce

Isn't that the Newsround guy? I always wondered what happened to him.
[-] The following 6 users Like Nobby's post:
  • bilky asko, DeMarkay, Former Member 406, JamesWorldNews, Roger Darthwell, watchingtv

I notice that Channel 4 News updated the programme title (on Sky at least) to reflect the breaking news. Unfortunately, it featured a spelling mistake, reading "BBC Presenter Lastest - C4 News Special" at first. It has only just been updated to correct the spelling.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • JMT1985

(12-07-2023, 07:54 PM)bilky asko Wrote:  I notice that Channel 4 News updated the programme title (on Sky at least) to reflect the breaking news. Unfortunately, it featured a spelling mistake, reading "BBC Presenter Lastest - C4 News Special" at first. It has only just been updated to correct the spelling.

It was the same on Freesat too when I was watching
[-] The following 2 users Like JMT1985's post:
  • bilky asko, bkman1990