Thread Closed

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2022

That first series was in August IIRC which explains why it's so wet there as it would have been Winter in Australia.

There’s a video of the bush tucker trials on YouTube from series 1. They are very basic - having to stand underneath a box and pull a cord to open it. No stars to catch just a meal for each one.

Correct. 25 August to 8 September 2002.

(26-11-2022, 12:31 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Correct. 25 August to 8 September 2002.

It was just the latest in a long line of throwaway Celeb reality shows at that point, which then became one of the biggest shows on TV

In those early days it was meant to be more argumentative and more like Big Brother with swearing unbleeped and more confrontation. These days it’s more family friendly and parts of it more heavilly weighted towards Crystal Maze style challenges in the jungle than Big Brother arguments, although I do like the way they’ve included lots more creek chats this year.

(26-11-2022, 08:35 PM)Andrew Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 12:31 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Correct. 25 August to 8 September 2002.

It was just the latest in a long line of throwaway Celeb reality shows at that point, which then became one of the biggest shows on TV

In those early days it was meant to be more argumentative and more like Big Brother with swearing unbleeped and more confrontation. These days it’s more family friendly and parts of it more heavilly weighted towards Crystal Maze style challenges in the jungle than Big Brother arguments, although I do like the way they’ve included lots more creek chats this year.
Sadly this series has not been the greatest as a certain MP has overshadowed it and I think Owen and his hunger has got to people (they know the food is limited so why moan) but ant and dec have been top form as every year (well every year for dec ant had a year off)

I'm not sure it's been quite as argumentative as they might have thought it would be when they signed Hancock on. Everyone has got on with each other which doesn't make for the most entertaining TV

[Image: 1592580878_1869298444.svg]

(27-11-2022, 09:19 AM)Tvfanboy Wrote:  
(26-11-2022, 08:35 PM)Andrew Wrote:  It was just the latest in a long line of throwaway Celeb reality shows at that point, which then became one of the biggest shows on TV

Sadly this series has not been the greatest as a certain MP has overshadowed it and I think Owen and his hunger has got to people (they know the food is limited so why moan) but ant and dec have been top form as every year (well every year for dec ant had a year off)

This has been one of the better series, over the last 20 years. Some of been right boring . The Celbs don't decide who got in with them, its not a holiday camp. It's a gameshow, and some of the others have just not cut it. How did Seann get to final 5? Most people are just keeping matt in so he can't enjoy the free hotel. When Jill wins it, it will prove it made no bit of difference if Matt was there or not

ITV will be happy at the fact it has maintained about 8.5m viewers during the entire run, which is pretty impressive for a 20 year old show!
[-] The following 2 users Like Johnr's post:
  • DeMarkay, Happy2001

I have enjoyed this series as much as any previous ones and it's been nice to have it back in Australia.

The campmates have largely got on, which, for me, is a good thing. I watch TV for some escapism and to relax. I don't want to see constant squabbling and discontent personally.

I would rather watch paint dry than tune in to Love Island so I wasn't aware of the existence of Olivia Attwood prior to her inclusion in this year's series of I'm A Celebrity, but I must say, I think it's rather a shame for her to have missed out on the experience of taking part in the programme so early in the series.

Some years, you can see a clear winner a mile off, but I'm not sure if that's the case this time around. I expect the final two will come down to Jill and Owen, but I really wouldn't like to guess between the two of them who will come out victorious. Suppose we'll soon find out.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DavidWhitfield's post:
  • fanoftv

What ever happened to the celebs splitting into 2 camps and competing against each other for food etc?
Personally, I found this series a little underwhelming, it seemed like a cruise for all the celebrities. It's like that NASCAR scene from The Simpsons (cars keep nearly crashing and stuff. One flips over 360 and lands on it's wheels, much to the crowd's dismay).

The trials seemed a little too easy for what is normally regarded as the hardest reality TV show. Barely anyone struggled with them and whenever they got a low star count, they got more the next night so nobody really cared.

Sidenote, as someone else said earlier in the thead, Deals of Wheels' lever was definitely less severe than Kiosk Kev dropping the shutters in the contestants' faces. Doubt we'll see it next year.

In terms of a winner, I can see Matt having a clear shot at winning it just for the novelty of him winning it. Not saying that he should though, personally I want Jill to win.
Thread Closed