Thread Closed

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2022

The big names are often the least interesting. Noel Edmonds went in a few years ago, iirc they manufactured the entire first week to revolve around him and he was the first to be voted out. His brief, and presumably expensive, stint wasn't even particularly memorable. The public voting for the same person day after day to do the bushtucker trials is also something that gets boring, and we can only assume that will almost certainly be Hancock. Moyles must be breathing a sigh of relief.

Not sure Moyles will will even be aware, as presumably as soon as they get to their hotels they have limited contact with the outside world.

With Hancock I think it’s his lack of self awareness that will mean he’s likely to be TV gold. Whereas some of the big stars are very self aware and know how to not show themselves up on TV.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • TVFan

(01-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Jon Wrote:  Whereas some of the big stars are very self aware and know how to not show themselves up on TV.
Getting other campmates to sing songs that ITV aren't able to broadcast / willing to pay royalties for (notably Disney) seems to be a favourite way in the past for celebs to then discuss things they'd rather weren't broadcast.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.

(01-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Jon Wrote:  Not sure Moyles will will even be aware, as presumably as soon as they get to their hotels they have limited contact with the outside world.

It was mentioned this morning on The Chris Moyles Show on Radio X with Toby Tarrant (bit of a mouthful) that Chris has been out of contact for the past week - however he gets one phone call a day.

There's a lovely clip on social media of Chris telling his team a few weeks ago:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes WhisperOfCinnamon's post:
  • fanoftv

(01-11-2022, 02:23 PM)Andrew Wrote:  I expected Hancock to be the sort who’d do it, (most commentators always suggest Boris but in reality I can’t see him ever doing it) but I expected it to be in a few years time

It will mean people who don’t usually tune in will tune in
Boris will do a reality show if the money is right but I expect he won't do one until he leaves politics.

Having a journalist like Charlene might throw up some interesting chats although I wonder if a few of the celebs like Boy George might end up being a bit more critical.

Hard to tell whether Moyles, as the third ex Radio 1 Breakfast host to go in, would want to be more Mike Read (out at the first opportunity) or Tony Blackburn

(01-11-2022, 07:47 PM)Steve in Pudsey Wrote:  Hard to tell whether Moyles, as the third ex Radio 1 Breakfast host to go in, would want to be more Mike Read (out at the first opportunity) or Tony Blackburn
Not to be pedantic but as mentioned above, Noel Edmonds also went in, and got voted out very quickly. 
Getting back to the point, I think he’ll want to stick it out for as long as possible.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVNerd's post:
  • Steve in Pudsey

Well done casting, that is the best booking on reality TV in years

(01-11-2022, 09:00 PM)TVNerd Wrote:  Not to be pedantic but as mentioned above, Noel Edmonds also went in, and got voted out very quickly. 
Getting back to the point, I think he’ll want to stick it out for as long as possible.

Not pedantic in the slightest - annoyed with myself for missing that one!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • TVNerd

(01-11-2022, 04:40 PM)Keith Wrote:  
(01-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Jon Wrote:  Whereas some of the big stars are very self aware and know how to not show themselves up on TV.
Getting other campmates to sing songs that ITV aren't able to broadcast / willing to pay royalties for (notably Disney) seems to be a favourite way in the past for celebs to then discuss things they'd rather weren't broadcast.

And I bet Mike Tindall has in his contract a promise they won’t show him saying anything sensitive about his wife’s family.
Thread Closed