Thread Closed

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2022

When Hancock gets the to do the bushtucker trials, I hope when A+D explain each what to do in each trial, they regularly remind him,

"These are not guidelines, they are RULES!"

Basically paraphrasing something Hancock said in one of the Downing Street press briefings early on during the first Covid lockdown.

While I won't be watching it again, ITV have already did the job of gaining publicity across the board for the casting of Matt Hancock.

Even if he's the first to go, it's enough to justify the continual commissioning of the format.

When people who don’t normally go anywhere near this show find themselves having to talk about it, it’s all ways funny to hear them get the show wrong

For example I’m sure some of the commentators discussing Hancock seem to think crocodile penis and other animal parts are served up to eat every night, whereas as any viewer knows there are probably 3 or 4 eating trials maximum and one of them is the final

Also the business about Hancock likely being voted for every trial and everyone else being able to relax - as we know most trials these days are multi person trials, and also there is generally various situations where not every camp mate is up for the vote.

(03-11-2022, 07:08 PM)Andrew Wrote:  When people who don’t normally go anywhere near this show find themselves having to talk about it, it’s all ways funny to hear them get the show wrong

For example I’m sure some of the commentators discussing Hancock seem to think crocodile penis and other animal parts are served up to eat every night, whereas as any viewer knows there are probably 3 or 4 eating trials maximum and one of them is the final

Also the business about Hancock likely being voted for every trial and everyone else being able to relax - as we know most trials these days are multi person trials, and also there is generally various situations where not every camp mate is up for the vote.

I wouldn’t be surprised through if the show takes no chances in terms of risking missing out of him doing a eating trial by having him do one before he even enters the camp.

(01-11-2022, 07:30 PM)XIII Wrote:  Having a journalist like Charlene might throw up some interesting chats although I wonder if a few of the celebs like Boy George might end up being a bit more critical.

I'm not terribly convinced that it's a good look for someone like Charlene to be going into the jungle. Call me a snob, but I tend to think eating kangaroo testicles and pouring your heart out to fellow celebs on national TV is a little inappropriate for a supposed 'serious journalist'. After all, could you see Mary Nightingale or Tom Bradby doing this? I think not. I know a lot of newscasters have done things like Strictly and Dancing on Ice, but I'd argue that ballroom dancing or ice skating is a bit different to having ants crawling all over you in the Australian outback.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • chevron, Pips2022, VMPhil

(05-11-2022, 05:59 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(01-11-2022, 07:30 PM)XIII Wrote:  Having a journalist like Charlene might throw up some interesting chats although I wonder if a few of the celebs like Boy George might end up being a bit more critical.

I'm not terribly convinced that it's a good look for someone like Charlene to be going into the jungle. Call me a snob, but I tend to think eating kangaroo testicles and pouring your heart out to fellow celebs on national TV is a little inappropriate for a supposed 'serious journalist'. After all, could you see Mary Nightingale or Tom Bradby doing this? I think not. I know a lot of newscasters have done things like Strictly and Dancing on Ice, but I'd argue that ballroom dancing or ice skating is a bit different to having ants crawling all over you in the Australian outback.

I completely agree. I guess Victoria Derbyshire opened the door to this, but she wasn’t as frontline then as she is now. I think it’s a bit weird, though it’s highly unusual that Charlene does Loose Women too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Pips2022's post:
  • Kojak

Some bad editing on The Masked Singer special tonight. Ant & Dec saying they'll be live in 10 minutes when the show doesn't start for 20!

twitter.com 

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

Every year "I'm scared of bugs, I'm scared of the dark, I'm scared of snakes, I'm scared of confined spaces" etc. Why do a show that's well know for all of those things then?

I still miss the companion show ‘Extra Camp’! I was hoping they’d resurrect it now it’s back in Australia but alas… Here’s hoping ITVX allows for companion shows in some shape or form eventually.
[-] The following 2 users Like brioalex's post:
  • sgreen93, Toby brown

They've said a couple of times that they're back in Australia for the first time in two years - but it's three years?
Thread Closed