Thread Closed

I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here - 2022

That's a blow given that they never appear to have any standbys for early leavers.

Aren't the two extra contestants essentially standbys in case someone pulls out early.

Well that certainly makes things interesting as I suspect she was an early frontrunner for the winner along with Boy George (especially considering the initial public 'VIP' vote)

Wonder how the star fees work if they're forced to leave on medical grounds, would they be covered by some sort of medical insurance? I think if they quit on their own grounds they just receive a percentage based on the time on the show

(07-11-2022, 02:01 PM)XIII Wrote:  Aren't the two extra contestants essentially standbys in case someone pulls out early.

No they do have an extra standby. Jordan North was a standby originally but another contestant pulled out quite early in the 'hiding' process before the series and he went in instead. Ruthie and Russell remained the two latecomers.

I can't see them replacing Olivia at this point as the two latecomers will dominate the storylines soon and her leaving and needing to be replaced be a bit of a distant memory in the nicest possible way. If she'd have left after they came in then they probably would have sent the standby in.

Just watching it back now, so glad it’s back in Australia. Ant & Dec instantly have their magic back!
[-] The following 2 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • IanJRedman, TVNerd

(07-11-2022, 01:28 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Olivia Attwood's quit already, lasted even less time than Gemma Collins.
Here's the BBC article about it, and a graphic about early IAC exits.
www.bbc.co.uk 

[Image: _127547249_optimised-celebdays_five-nc-002.png.webp]

It's not the first time someone's left the show so soon.

The Jack Maynard one was unusual, as they were so keen to brush it aside without even giving any reason for it. Ant & Dec basically just said he's gone, that's it, no further discussion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Pips2022

They're still using the trial music from the castle series, rather than the original version.

(07-11-2022, 10:23 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  They're still using the trial music from the castle series, rather than the original version.
Perhaps it’s because the trial isn’t taking place in the jungle, and they will start using the original music when the trials move there?

(07-11-2022, 10:29 PM)TVNerd Wrote:  
(07-11-2022, 10:23 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  They're still using the trial music from the castle series, rather than the original version.
Perhaps it’s because the trial isn’t taking place in the jungle, and they will start using the original music when the trials move there?

It doesn't look like it - the same music played during the vote reveal. It seems the original music (barring the opening note) might have been quietly retired.
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • TVNerd
Thread Closed