American News Presentation

WPVI in Philadelphia has gotten the new ABC owned stations graphics, their intro doesn't include the ticker and live stuff that other ABC Owned stations do.

www.youtube.com 

They've kept their ticker the same, you can see the older version of the logo still in it.

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 

i.imgur.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • The Decimator

WPVI know not to muck about with the heritage too much. So the old Channel 6 logo still remains with ABC stamped to the side of it, along with the theme which they tried to modernise with an orchestra, but was taken off days later to be replaced with the 70s version of Move Closer to your World as well as the old ticker remaining.

My own personal thought is that the ticker will be adapted, but isn't ready for on-air yet.

I believe WPVI still market leads, so any changes to Action News have to be subtle.

The new graphics really won't surprise any WPVI viewers , they are still blue and the logo isn't different -minus the flatter look- and the music and intro is still the same. So it's very subtle and fitting.
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • JosiahStuart, London Lite

Veteran WOIO Cincinatti anchor John Lomax who retired in 2022 has died.

local12.com 

Just to correct myself, John Lomax worked for WKRC in Cincinnati, the Sinclair station.

WINK have been back in their main studio for the last week, the reason was to install a large video wall on the set, which means anchors and reporters can do more detailed explainers instead of using the smaller plasmas.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

From WaPo: An account of Fox & Friends anchor Steve Doocy, whose recent quips on the programme seemed deviating from what the Republicans (and the rest of Fox News) are heading to.
www.washingtonpost.com 

WEEK Peoria has switched to GrayOne back in February.
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Halle Jackson will be the NBC Nightly News Sunday anchor, replacing Kate Snow who stepped down last month to focus on NBC News Daily. Jackson will still anchor her program on NBC NEWS NOW

deadline.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes sky303's post:
  • Michael 18

NBC News is in some hot waters lately, as former RNC chair Ronna McDaniel was hired as a political analyst before leaving days later, after MSNBC personalities objected the appointment on screen. This article from NPR is an interesting look at the wider problem of getting ex-politicians as TV news pundits (cough GB News cough):
www.npr.org 

WAVE is switching to GrayOne, 2 years after debuting their modified in-house package.
www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...

Adweek's report on the news coverage of the New Jersey earthquake. Surprised Newsmax broke the news earlier than anyone else.
www.adweek.com 

WCBS' 6pm news adopted a new format, with a modified open and purplish cityscape background.
www.youtube.com 

This change was announced back in February, where its original anchors, Dana Tyler and Dick Brennan, were moved away from the bulletin. The former retired a month later.
www.nexttv.com 

www.youtube.com 

Watch this space...