American News Presentation

I'm loving NBC's eclipse coverage. You can't beat Lester Holt and Al Roker for something like this.

Their correspondent in the Austin area did a great job of capturing the moment - he had his family with him and got quite emotional.

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like mark's post:
  • JosiahStuart, Michael Wotton

The subtle differences in presentation are sometimes the most revealing. I think it'd be unlikely to hear a UK presenter say "it's like a sign from God" as Roker did.

Not a criticism, just an observation.

Good to see plenty of coverage around. I'm sure the front pages of newspapers tomorrow will feature plenty of eclipse images.

When I tuned in they were devoting 5 minutes to a guy sobbing about his dead mother. Science be damned.....

I love how CBS made their logo get into the spirit (yes, there's no sound on this clip)

imgur.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like sky303's post:
  • mark, scottishtv

WOIO Cleveland had their own countdown clock while using the older Gray graphics. CBS network programming was put on their sister station.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Medianext.MX

Tegna owned WKYC Cleveland did a decent job of covering totality.

www.youtube.com 

WOIO really could do with a budget increase for major events in Cleveland. Gray have invested a lot into WANF for example, but some of WOIO's coverage had one of their morning anchors reporting using a congested 4G connection.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

I liked that the 19 logo went black however.
  • Medianext.MX

(08-04-2024, 10:51 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Tegna owned WKYC Cleveland did a decent job of covering totality.

www.youtube.com 

Solar Eclipse of the Park....haha....I see what you did there WKYC.

In amidst the scientific parts of the coverage, was the human angle. Many outlets, I noticed asked people, how it made them FEEL to see it. I guess saying awesome isnt always fitting or fits the occasion . I noticed a couple of the guests and reporters on CBC also got teary eyed and emotional as the eclipse moved across Eastern Canada and the Maritimes. Normal people that arent robotic reporters, cant stop their emotions just because they appear on telly when they see rare celestial phenomena in person. And frankly some people believe in a higher being.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • London Lite

I love the way how more than one of the main US networks always covers a solar eclipse when one happens over there. I think the last time we had one in the UK (in August 1999), BBC1 was the only one of the 5 main channels to do national coverage! (I know Westcountry did their own coverage in the South West, the only ITV region to do so)

(09-04-2024, 12:15 AM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  I love the way how more than one of the main US networks always covers a solar eclipse when one happens over there. I think the last time we had one in the UK (in August 1999), BBC1 was the only one of the 5 main channels to do national coverage! (I know Westcountry did their own coverage in the South West, the only ITV region to do so)

It's a mix of network and local coverage they had today. Dallas and Cleveland went full on local this afternoon across the affiliates and if they had a sister CW or MyTV station, they bumped the network coverage to their sister station. WOIO the CBS affiliate for Cleveland put the CBS coverage on the CW station.

WANF in Atlanta had their own live and local coverage despite not having totality with again CBS coverage moving to WPCH, the local CW station.
  • JACKLUFC1998