American News Presentation

Robert MacNeil, one of the inaugural anchors behind PBS Newshour (then the MacNeil/Lehrer Newshour), has died. His co-presenter, Lehrer, died back in 2020.
www.pbs.org 

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt
[-] The following 3 users Like W. Knight's post:
  • BBI45, lookoutwales, mouseboy33

MacNeil also had a four-year stint at the BBC around the turn of the 70s, working on Panorama - hence his role as a analyst to the 1970 general election night programme.
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • W. Knight

Hearst's Fort Myers duopoly WBBH and WZVN are starting to transition to their group-wide graphics and music packages. No change by WBBH still, but WZVN has adopted the WMUR package and its custom Hearst Classic music package; Eric Gordon is still heard as their voice-over talent (they may have even changed their gallery and graphics systems from a fully-Chyron workflow to Grass Valley Ignite, Vizrt and ENPS, to align them with the other Hearst stations).

youtu.be 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • London Lite

Worth remembering that Hearst only own WBBH. WZVN is a LMA with licence owner Montclair Communications.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • Medianext.MX

The ratings for CBS News continues to show its a superior product. Contrary to most people assumptions about cable newstalk channels.
The stellar ratings for 60 Minutes. But the shocker is CBS Mornings. GMA is still the overall leader, but the demo ratings are a shocker.
www.adweek.com 

Who knew
s3.amazonaws.com 
Web Image

[-] The following 1 user Likes mouseboy33's post:
  • Medianext.MX

The CBS News streaming network has rebranded to CBS News 24/7 today.

Very little seems to have changed so far, other than the new logo on the straps being white on a black background - plus a new breakfiller animation and the old break bumpers being updated with the new logo.

As much as I don't really like the straps, I wasn't expecting them to change, given that they've just rolled them out to local stations.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mark's post:
  • mouseboy33

Early Today on NBC has been given a graphics refresh.

I've seen them leave the live bug on the whole time now
i.imgur.com 

Early Today, looks nicer giving it a pre-dawn feel
i.imgur.com 

and closer to the Today show graphics
i.imgur.com 

That crescent bit in the new Early Today logo is a bit strange. It reminds me of the old CBS Early Show logo that was the top half of the CBS eye.

I'm surprised they've been allowed to modify the iconic Today sunrise like that. I once worked somewhere where playing with the logo was such a no-no that the brand team didn't want it on a birthday cake because it would have been cut up.

(22-04-2024, 09:34 PM)mark Wrote:  That crescent bit in the new Early Today logo is a bit strange. It reminds me of the old CBS Early Show logo that was the top half of the CBS eye.

I'm surprised they've been allowed to modify the iconic Today sunrise like that. I once worked somewhere where playing with the logo was such a no-no that the brand team didn't want it on a birthday cake because it would have been cut up.

Understandable as you were working for Scunthorpe Titanium at the time
[-] The following 1 user Likes bilky asko's post:
  • mark