Challenge TV

(09-03-2023, 12:29 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Since when has Bullseye (original series, 1992), gone out with a Granada International (the purple anf pink G) endcap?
Since the mid-00s.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(09-03-2023, 12:34 AM)WillPS Wrote:  
(09-03-2023, 12:29 AM)Ballinagrappa Wrote:  Since when has Bullseye (original series, 1992), gone out with a Granada International (the purple anf pink G) endcap?
Since the mid-00s.

The second episode tonight didn't have the Granada one, just the original Central for ITV one

Why has Bullseye jumped from Series 6 to Series 12 recently too? Why aren’t they just playing them out in order?

(09-03-2023, 01:05 AM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Why has Bullseye jumped from Series 6 to Series 12 recently too? Why aren’t they just playing them out in order?

Not sure it really matters, but they tend to show them in the order they were most recently re-acquired rather than production order.

chatps.com

The Granada International endcaps are older prints/copies. There's a few "Carlton International" ones (the orange star ones) that appear on occasion as well, though usually on other Central programming, not always on Bullseye.

As for playout order, doesn't really matter so much for something like Bullseye, because once you get to I think Series 8 onwards, it all looks and plays the same for the most part anyway (and Tony Green becomes less formal and more casual attire wise). The clues are there as to what series you're watching without having to wait for the copyright line.

(09-03-2023, 10:21 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  The Granada International endcaps are older prints/copies.  There's a few "Carlton International" ones (the orange star ones) that appear on occasion as well, though usually on other Central programming, not always on Bullseye.

Not sure about Bullseye, but there's some series of Family Fortunes which always have an animated "Cte" (Central Television Enterprises, which became Carlton International) endcap too.

chatps.com

(09-03-2023, 02:18 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(09-03-2023, 10:21 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  The Granada International endcaps are older prints/copies.  There's a few "Carlton International" ones (the orange star ones) that appear on occasion as well, though usually on other Central programming, not always on Bullseye.

Not sure about Bullseye, but there's some series of Family Fortunes which always have an animated "Cte" (Central Television Enterprises, which became Carlton International) endcap too.

Bob Holness Blockbusters has this too, the Cte endcap. Pre 1994 anyway (can't recall if Sky's 1994 version did that, although it was virtually the same show anyway)

I've seen Granada International only once on Bullseye. I believe it was a 1990 episode it was on? Most others use the Carlton International endcap.

Here's an interesting observation, I'd hope its just the camera angle but I don't think it is...
twitter.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • DE88, Juicy Joe

(10-03-2023, 12:17 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Here's an interesting observation, I'd hope its just the camera angle but I don't think it is...
twitter.com 
Haha! I always think that whenever I watch Bullseye. It looks as though that whole column of audience members cannot see the super arrows action taking place. Similarly, on the opposite side of the audience, it looks like they are sitting behind the contestants.

I wouldn't have complained though - it's probably a free ticket & a complimentary warm from outside.
[-] The following 2 users Like Juicy Joe's post:
  • DE88, London Lite