Challenge TV

(05-04-2023, 12:31 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 05:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Seems to be quite frequent these days for channels to technically mess things up and nobody seems to notice... Eastenders and Howard's Way on Drama have been going out filmised for months which is another similar issue that doesn't seem to have been noticed.

Suspect this is to do with the source material UKTV are working with rather than playout.

Yes, I think it's how they've been sent them from the BBC... but you'd really have hoped someone at the BBC who's responsible for transferring the episodes and sending them to UKTV would have noticed, but it's been like it for months. Doesn't really suggest very high standards when it's been going on for so long.

Maybe someone's moved the fan  Tongue

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'
[-] The following 1 user Likes BlueFrog's post:
  • James2001

More aspect ratio issues today, with Bullseye going out with black borders on all sides (apologies for the low quality image):

up.metropol247.co.uk 

(05-04-2023, 12:31 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(16-03-2023, 05:08 PM)James2001 Wrote:  Seems to be quite frequent these days for channels to technically mess things up and nobody seems to notice... Eastenders and Howard's Way on Drama have been going out filmised for months which is another similar issue that doesn't seem to have been noticed.

Suspect this is to do with the source material UKTV are working with rather than playout.

I thought I'd posted here (but seemingly not) that I had noticed an episode of Only Fools and Horses on Gold being played out in a filmised style, just a few weeks after the same episode was shown without said issues.

I don't know if this is related to the aspect ratio issues, but Dickinson's Real Deal played out yesterday black borderless, in proper 16:9 widescreen (or at least on my TV).

However, a few days before, the same exact show aired on Challenge but letterboxed (this is from the same day the DOG changed position, which I posted in the previous page of this thread):
youtu.be 

I wonder if the DOG switching positions is the reason for the aspect ratio problems now or if someone's messed with the playout system?

Series 6 of Wheel of Fortune which they’re currently showing got very happy giving away the car *and* the cash, rather than the car *or* the cash. Also, was this when Carol started on Changing Rooms? She seems to be wearing more suits than frocks in this run.

I don't think Changing Rooms started until after Carol had left and Jenny Powell took over.

Yeah, Changing Rooms started in 1996 and Jenny started on WOF in 1995.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • DE88

(28-04-2023, 03:56 PM)JAS84 Wrote:  Yeah, Changing Rooms started in 1996 and Jenny started on WOF in 1995.

Huh. I guess the female suit/blazer trend kicked off around ‘94 then- or it could just be a sheer coincidence. It’s interesting though- S2-5 had Carol coming down the stairs with these lovely frocks, whilst Series 6 had Nicky and Carol together at the board in the intro- that may explain the lack of dresses. Not that I’m complaining- there’s something hot about a woman in a suit.

(28-04-2023, 12:56 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Series 6 of Wheel of Fortune which they’re currently showing got very happy giving away the car *and* the cash, rather than the car *or* the cash.

IIRC Series 6 is from 1994, so not long after the prize limits were scrapped, so many shows in that 1993/4 period sort of went crazy and pulled out some of the stops in terms of how much somebody could win. No more of this maximum £3k cap, five figure sums was where it was at.

Of course other game shows weren't giving away cash/cars or similar expense - usually something bespoke or you couldn't buy. Like some of the experiences you could win on Crystal Maze and the Krypton Factor "trophy".
[-] The following 2 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • DE88, Gary Baldy