Challenge TV

I guess Challenge TV won't be showing The Cube again.

(26-05-2023, 07:26 PM)Juicy Joe Wrote:  I guess Challenge TV won't be showing The Cube again.

They still show Strike It Lucky.   As long as the story doesn't officially go from "unwise" to "illegal" it'll likely turn up again, perhaps not in the short term though.   Not sure if it's currently in the schedules - think Tenable has replaced it lately.

Wouldn't mind Challenge picking up the US version though.  Was an Aussie version too that could get an airing.   That gives them 5-6 weeks of Schofield free eps if they think the format is worth keeping.
[-] The following 3 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • benzj, DE88, Gary Baldy

International versions of gameshows never seem to do that well. I guess there is a bit of difference here with it not being general knowledge based.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Brekkie, DE88

Although Challenge repeat Barrymore and Strike It Lucky regularly, it’s been donkey’s years since they repeated a John Leslie episode… perhaps Schofield will get the Leslie treatment?

(26-05-2023, 10:10 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Although Challenge repeat Barrymore and Strike It Lucky regularly, it’s been donkey’s years since they repeated a John Leslie episode… perhaps Schofield will get the Leslie treatment?

They've showed John Leslie Wheel of Fortune in the Sky ownership era. They might even have shown the whole run, I think even the dying days daytime version with Paul Hendy had a turn?

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(27-05-2023, 11:22 AM)WillPS Wrote:  
(26-05-2023, 10:10 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Although Challenge repeat Barrymore and Strike It Lucky regularly, it’s been donkey’s years since they repeated a John Leslie episode… perhaps Schofield will get the Leslie treatment?

They've showed John Leslie Wheel of Fortune in the Sky ownership era. They might even have shown the whole run, I think even the dying days daytime version with Paul Hendy had a turn?

At present Challenge has every era bar John which hasn't been rerun since around 2012.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Happy2001's post:
  • DE88

(27-05-2023, 11:25 AM)Happy2001 Wrote:  
(27-05-2023, 11:22 AM)WillPS Wrote:  They've showed John Leslie Wheel of Fortune in the Sky ownership era. They might even have shown the whole run, I think even the dying days daytime version with Paul Hendy had a turn?

At present Challenge has every era bar John which hasn't been rerun since around 2012.

I feel like I've seen him more recently than that, but OK - that's still 2 years in to Sky's ownership (and after they'd made a lot of changes to output) and 10 years after Leslie was disgraced and lost his job on This Morning. In fact that coincided with Leslie trying to relaunch his career!

Hard to conclude that it was in reaction to that.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

Most of John Leslie run is the daytime version where the money was lower, Ie 510 Episodes Plus the 26 he did for peak time version. Plus its only of late Challenge got hold of the rights to the original series from the late 80s on wards.

(27-05-2023, 01:57 PM)Milkshake Wrote:  Most of John Leslie run is the daytime version where the money was lower, Ie 510 Episodes Plus the 26 he did for peak time version.  Plus its only of late Challenge got hold of the rights to the original series from the late 80s on wards.

2014 was when they re-acquired the Nicky eps, that’s 9 years ago, although I know it doesn’t feel like it. 

They haven’t shown the Leslie episodes since they’ve re-acquired Nicky’s.

Unless a John episode accidentally went out when a Nicky/Bradley one was scheduled?

I'd like a FAST channel for kids challenge. With content like Fun House, GYOB, knightmare, finders keepers and terror towers!