Challenge TV

Cash Trapped! Now there's a show I've not heard referenced for a while.

All I remember of that programme is (a) viewers complaining it was too complicated, and (b) a woman crying at the end of an episode once because she was sick of the 'rollover' nature of the show after what must have been about ten programmes and wanted to go home and see her kids.

I don't think it was Bradders' biggest hit.

Still, it's an hour of 'new' content to Challenge which is better than them airing the same Max-Bygraves-era episode of Family Fortunes that they've already shown four times that month.

Interesting that Challenge is widening their pool of content again. Has interest in The Chase dropped off? Are they trying to wein themselves off it ahead of losing the rights (ITVX perhaps)?

Hope they get some more 80s/90s content again, Interceptor, Crystal Maze, Fort Boyard, Treasure Hunt and Blockbusters are all overdue another run I reckon.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com
[-] The following 4 users Like WillPS's post:
  • bilky asko, DE88, Juicy Joe, Ma76

You might be right, there’s going to be a whole FAST TV channel on itvX playing nothing but The Chase 24/7… Challenge must’ve thought they were seeing double.
[-] The following 1 user Likes orange's post:
  • Ma76

(15-11-2022, 05:18 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Interesting that Challenge is widening their pool of content again. Has interest in The Chase dropped off? Are they trying to wein themselves off it ahead of losing the rights (ITVX perhaps)?

Hope they get some more 80s/90s content again, Interceptor, Crystal Maze, Fort Boyard, Treasure Hunt and Blockbusters are all overdue another run I reckon.

The funny thing is, on the same day as The Queen's funeral, Challenge started repeating the Simon Mayo series of Blockbusters (All new! apparently Tongue)

Only managed to get through the first episode before handing over to Sky News, and from next week's schedule it was Dickinson's Real Deal!

'Nowhere to run, nowhere to hide, don't fog my mind.'

(15-11-2022, 08:26 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 05:18 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Interesting that Challenge is widening their pool of content again. Has interest in The Chase dropped off? Are they trying to wein themselves off it ahead of losing the rights (ITVX perhaps)?

The funny thing is, on the same day as The Queen's funeral, Challenge started repeating the Simon Mayo series of Blockbusters (All new! apparently Tongue)

Only managed to get through the first episode before handing over to Sky News, and from next week's schedule it was Dickinson's Real Deal!

Ah yeah, that series does have occasional outings, I imagine because Sky own it so it costs almost nothing to repeat. Unfortunately it also has none of the charm of the original series.

[Image: signature.jpg]
chatps.com

(15-11-2022, 09:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  
(15-11-2022, 08:26 PM)BlueFrog Wrote:  The funny thing is, on the same day as The Queen's funeral, Challenge started repeating the Simon Mayo series of Blockbusters (All new! apparently Tongue)

Ah yeah, that series does have occasional outings, I imagine because Sky own it so it costs almost nothing to repeat. Unfortunately it also has none of the charm of the original series.

That weeks schedule only had Mayo's Blockbusters on the Monday the rest of the week was Supermarket Sweep.
ukgameshows.com 

(15-11-2022, 09:03 PM)WillPS Wrote:  Ah yeah, that series [Simon Mayo Blockbusters] does have occasional outings, I imagine because Sky own it so it costs almost nothing to repeat. Unfortunately it also has none of the charm of the original series.

Pretty much none of the incarnations after the original ITV run had any charm.
They're all good in their own way (bar maybe the BBC's version and Sky's second stab at it) but even Sky's 1994 version which was pretty much a carbon copy of the final ITV years somehow lost its charm as well, though that may be more to do with faffing around with the format.

Okay, just flipped over to what looks like a later series of Bullseye (the online EPG guide suggests its the back end of Series 8) and its got the huge "New to Challenge" bug on it. What gives?

I know they use this tag for stuff they haven't aired yet under Sky ownership but I'm sure they're aired every episode of Bullseye (bar maybe the one that had John Cooper in it) under Sky so,..?

(16-11-2022, 07:08 PM)Neil Jones Wrote:  Okay, just flipped over to what looks like a later series of Bullseye (the online EPG guide suggests its the back end of Series 8) and its got the huge "New to Challenge" bug on it.  What gives?

I know they use this tag for stuff they haven't aired yet under Sky ownership but I'm sure they're aired every episode of Bullseye (bar maybe the one that had John Cooper in it) under Sky so,..?

Likely a error, most episodes of Scrapheap Challenge haven't had the bug appear on it's 3pm airings.

Episode was copyright 1989 and had the "Central Production" animated endcap on it, so I know this series has been on Challenge before, as that's where I almost always see it!