Challenge TV

I’d take that with a pinch of salt- I remember a few years ago there was an ep billed as Series 2 (with Bob) but it was actually series 2 of the Les Dennis series (Series 8 in total).
[-] The following 1 user Likes Gary Baldy's post:
  • Happy2001

(22-11-2022, 03:59 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I’d take that with a pinch of salt- I remember a few years ago there was an ep billed as Series 2 (with Bob) but it was actually series 2 of the Les Dennis series (Series 8 in total).
On Virgin it says they’re showing Series 7, Les’ first series (the one with the colour board). Though on weekends from Sunday they’re also showing Max Bygraves episodes (Series 6).
[-] The following 2 users Like TVFan's post:
  • Happy2001, Juicy Joe

(22-11-2022, 04:39 PM)TVFan Wrote:  
(22-11-2022, 03:59 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  I’d take that with a pinch of salt- I remember a few years ago there was an ep billed as Series 2 (with Bob) but it was actually series 2 of the Les Dennis series (Series 8 in total).
On Virgin it says they’re showing Series 7, Les’ first series (the one with the colour board). Though on weekends from Sunday they’re also showing Max Bygraves episodes (Series 6).
I wonder if Series 7 of Family Fortunes (which is Les Dennis' first series and the one with the colour board) might also possibly feature the 1983 Central frontcap at the start of it or not?

(23-11-2022, 06:53 PM)Michael Kenchington Wrote:  
(22-11-2022, 04:39 PM)TVFan Wrote:  On Virgin it says they’re showing Series 7, Les’ first series (the one with the colour board). Though on weekends from Sunday they’re also showing Max Bygraves episodes (Series 6).
I wonder if Series 7 of Family Fortunes (which is Les Dennis' first series and the one with the colour board) might also possibly feature the 1983 Central frontcap at the start of it or not?

This previous airing should answer your question if you ignore the fact its in stretchyvision:
www.youtube.com 

Pretty sure 1988 onwards (maybe late 1987?) was when frontcaps finally fell off the network. of course Blockbusters went the whole hog and integrated Central's frontcap into the start of the titles (when they introduced the better known sequence), which meant that once the frontcap had been dropped the significance of starting on the globe was lost.

3-2-1 did it as well, the Yorkshire chevron was part of the show's logo.

But wouldn't Blockbusters' intro have desynced from the frontcap even if they did continue using them, due to the Central cake logo being used? Didn't the other logo disappear around 1987 - though it did exist alongside the cake for a while?

(24-11-2022, 02:03 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  3-2-1 did it as well, the Yorkshire chevron was part of the show's logo.

But wouldn't Blockbusters' intro have desynced from the frontcap even if they did continue using them, due to the Central cake logo being used? Didn't the other logo disappear around 1987 - though it did exist alongside the cake for a while?

Maybe, but Central clearly went to town when it came to presentation so I'd like to think if they were still using front caps they'd have probably found an elegant solution to mix the cake into the Blockbusters titles. Heck those titles took a year or so to make on their own (being a physical model) so I'm sure they could figure out how to integrate the company logo Smile

(24-11-2022, 11:12 AM)Neil Jones Wrote:  
(24-11-2022, 02:03 AM)JAS84 Wrote:  3-2-1 did it as well, the Yorkshire chevron was part of the show's logo.

Maybe, but Central clearly went to town when it came to presentation so I'd like to think if they were still using front caps they'd have probably found an elegant solution to mix the cake into the Blockbusters titles.  Heck those titles took a year or so to make on their own (being a physical model) so I'm sure they could figure out how to integrate the company logo Smile

Blade Runner Blockbuster titles come in for summer 1987 for the new Champion Blockbusters. As far as we know,  Blade runner titles was only ever used with the Central Globe.  I think in 1988 with Cake started to be seen across the network  for blockbusters It should be Autumn 1988 run. 

Here is autumn 1987 still with the Globe. 
youtu.be 

I wish sky would take challenge back to its glory days and show older stuff instead of the Bradley Walsh network it seems to be. The interceptor was something I remember watching weekend mornings and fort byoard. I feel sky have treated it badly
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tvfanboy's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Just had this pop up on Challenge..

[Image: Untitled.png]
[-] The following 1 user Likes rick's post:
  • insert_good_username_here

(26-11-2022, 05:04 PM)rick Wrote:  Just had this pop up on Challenge..

[Image: Untitled.png]

I get the feeling this might be related to AdSmart, a system Sky implemented to use targeted advertising (in this case, regional ads) on their channels and they're now just implementing it onto Freeview with their FTA channels Pick and Challenge. Odd they never chose to use it on Sky Arts and Sky News, but that's my assumption anyway.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Allanbuzzy's post:
  • Roger Darthwell