Challenge TV

Neat bit of serendipity with tonight's Millionaire repeat (S3 E8)

Chris revealed after the klaxon that ITV were match funding all three players' winnings to donate to Comic Relief (and bought on a floor assistant brandishing an ITV-branded cheque for £52k)

Meant as a surprise so as not to put the players under any added pressure.
[-] The following 5 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001, JAS84, Ma76, RegularCapital

Some clever scheduling tonight playing a 1999 Comic Relief special of Millionaire on the same evening as this year’s telethon. I have this episode on video as originally recorded by my aunt in Aberdeen, complete with Grampian News beforehand:

www.youtube.com 

Nicely the Challenge repeat keeps in all the Comic Relief material such as red noses and a cheque produced at the end where ITV pledge to match the contestants’ combined winnings to the charity.
[-] The following 12 users Like BillyH's post:
  • ACTV, bax, callumwatchestelly, DE88, Happy2001, iloveTV1, JAS84, lookoutwales, Ma76, PatrZDZ, RegularCapital, SuperSajuuk

Just saw a slide with the 2013 logo before the second part of Cash Trapped, with an announcement for “outdated content” (presumably meaning outdated questions, as they mentioned it being made in 2016). Never seen them do this before.
[-] The following 2 users Like TVFan's post:
  • Happy2001, Ma76

(18-03-2024, 08:23 PM)TVFan Wrote:  Just saw a slide with the 2013 logo before the second part of Cash Trapped, with an announcement for “outdated content” (presumably meaning outdated questions, as they mentioned it being made in 2016). Never seen them do this before.

Maybe something that was ok to say in 2016, but not 2024?

Did Bradley say something like there’s only two genders?

Was Israel mentioned in a positive light?

Was there a reference to a now disgraced personality, e.g. Russell Brand?
[-] The following 2 users Like Gary Baldy's post:
  • Ma76, Nobby

(18-03-2024, 09:41 PM)Gary Baldy Wrote:  Maybe something that was ok to say in 2016, but not 2024?

Did Bradley say something like there’s only two genders?

Was Israel mentioned in a positive light?

Was there a reference to a now disgraced personality, e.g. Russell Brand?

More likely to be a question with a outdated answer. I.E.

'How many planets are there in the solar system?'

Obviously Pluto was struck off around 20 years ago but you get my point.

Didn't catch the whole link going into Cash Trapped though they did mention it was made in 2016 etc.

Did Bridge of Lies stretch beyond 25 (regular) episodes in its first series?

(18-03-2024, 08:23 PM)TVFan Wrote:  Just saw a slide with the 2013 logo before the second part of Cash Trapped, with an announcement for “outdated content” (presumably meaning outdated questions, as they mentioned it being made in 2016). Never seen them do this before.

There is a video on YouTube which shows a similar announcement before the second part of Series 1 Episode 1, the episode shown at 7pm tonight. It states "Now on Challenge, our next show was recorded in 2016", before abruptly cutting out.

The question that stands out to me is one about Caroline Flack:

Bradley Walsh Wrote:Since 2015, Caroline Flack has hosted which ITV2 [...] dating show?

I won't share the video here, as it is the entire programme telesnatched onto YouTube.
[-] The following 4 users Like bilky asko's post:
  • Happy2001, Ma76, Nobby, TVFan

Odd the caption used the 2013 logo then as surely by the time it aired on Challenge after 2016 the new logo was in place.

I think I've seen this before, the guidance notes still appear to be the ones recorded for that version of the branding and no-one really bothered to swap them out to add a slightly different text. Symptomatic of the treatment of their branding and presentation as a whole really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes agemame's post:
  • Ma76

(18-03-2024, 09:55 PM)TIGHazard Wrote:  More likely to be a question with a outdated answer. I.E.

'How many planets are there in the solar system?'

Obviously Pluto was struck off around 20 years ago but you get my point.
I assume this is partly why some programmes now state "Correct at time of recording" in the credits. Similarly questions often use "...as of month and/or year..." to cover themselves for being repeated. Pointless is an example that springs to mind as a programme which does both.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Keith's post:
  • Ma76