All4 to rebrand to Channel 4

Android has updated the app to Channel 4

Not a huge surprise but it looks the same as the old All4 app but in green.
[Image: Screenshot_20230421_140020_Channel_4.png]

My Android phone updated yesterday from All4 to Channel 4 but no significant change from the previous version.

I’ve just had an email from Channel 4 that reads:

“We’ve got some big (and very simple… ) news. ‘All 4’ is becoming ‘Channel 4’.

So whether you’re watching live TV or streaming from our apps, you’ll be on Channel 4. Don’t worry… you’ll still be able to watch the same great shows.

If you’ve got auto-updates on, your app will soon change to Channel 4. If you haven’t, visit your app store to update to the latest (and best!) version.

Once updated, remember that you’ll need to search for ‘Channel 4’ rather than for ‘All 4’.

And one last thing, for All 4+ members: ‘All 4+’ will now be called ‘Channel 4+’.

Thanks for watching!”
[-] The following 4 users Like WatchTower's post:
  • AJB39, Edogawa Ranpo, Juicy Joe, UTVLifer

I think they've ditched the tagline "All for free forever" over the last year or so anyway but presumably ditching that branding may be part of putting some content behind the pay wall. Celebrity Hunted for example has been released in full to subscribers but is only released in line with the TV airing on the free platform.

(21-04-2023, 05:41 PM)WatchTower Wrote:  I’ve just had an email from Channel 4 that reads:

“We’ve got some big (and very simple… ) news. ‘All 4’ is becoming ‘Channel 4’.

So whether you’re watching live TV or streaming from our apps, you’ll be on Channel 4. Don’t worry… you’ll still be able to watch the same great shows.

If you’ve got auto-updates on, your app will soon change to Channel 4. If you haven’t, visit your app store to update to the latest (and best!) version.

Once updated, remember that you’ll need to search for ‘Channel 4’ rather than for ‘All 4’.

And one last thing, for All 4+ members: ‘All 4+’ will now be called ‘Channel 4+’.

Thanks for watching!”

I must admit I'm a fan on the change. It's nice to see Channel 4 below the app icon.

I like the recolour, and the name seems like an 'ITV 1 to ITV' in 2013 kind of deal, so its all good. I do wonder though, will the linear channel be green when the rebrand happens?

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]

Channel 4's website has now been updated to the new lime-green turquoise sort of colour.

Favicon hasn't changed yet however.
[-] The following 3 users Like Allanbuzzy's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell, UTVLifer

The Android app is now Channel 4 with a green icon.
[-] The following 2 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisdafur

All4 still the brand heavily promoted across the C4 network and within All4 so be interesting to see when that changes.