All4 to rebrand to Channel 4

I did noticed that the 4Viewers Twitter account is now referring to #C4Streaming, which kind of defeats the point, they seem to only use #C4 to refer to online viewing when they provide a link to the show they’re talking about
[-] The following 1 user Likes PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • Brekkie

It took absolutely ages for the BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds app icons on my Roku box to be updated to the Reith/Chameleon logos, so I'm not expecting the All4 app logo to update any time soon.

(27-04-2023, 09:06 PM)Former Member 406 Wrote:  It took absolutely ages for the BBC iPlayer and BBC Sounds app icons on my Roku box to be updated to the Reith/Chameleon logos, so I'm not expecting the All4 app logo to update any time soon.

One of my Roku sticks still has this beautiful (if badly kerned) image... 
theident.gallery 
Web Image

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • Former Member 406, Stuart

I'm hoping it comes to Chromecast with Google TV, been notably missing forever.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy

(29-04-2023, 10:58 AM)cable Wrote:  I'm hoping it comes to Chromecast with Google TV, been notably missing forever.

You can still cast the Channel 4 app, but it would be good to have a navigable app.

The icon changed on my 2013 Samsung smart tv but the app is still All4
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • Juicy Joe

Well my Q60B 2022 QLED Samsung TV has got Channel 4, and even the app has been updated too. Nothing on my Sky Stream box though.

It seems a pipe dream that the app will ever land on my LG TV.

How come I can see Celebrity Hunted Series 5 Episode 6 on the (iPhone) app but not on my laptop?!

(03-05-2023, 08:24 AM)Johnr Wrote:  How come I can see Celebrity Hunted Series 5 Episode 6 on the (iPhone) app but not on my laptop?!

There is a disclaimer that says ‘Shows vary by platform”.

Quote:
Channel 4 must acquire specific rights for some programmes, such as US shows, in order to show these on a particular All 4 service
. Therefore it can't be guaranteed that all programmes will appear on all our devices.