All4 to rebrand to Channel 4

It seems that All4 has been updated to Channel 4 on BT/YouView today. Other than the green animating 4 when you open the app, it remains pretty much the same.

Still no update to All 4 on my Sky Stream box yet.

(12-05-2023, 06:08 AM)BBCChameleonFan Wrote:  Still no update to All 4 on my Sky Stream box yet.

I wonder if they're figuring out how to handle voice commands. Would saying "Channel 4" open the app, or the channel?

(14-06-2023, 04:56 PM)Ajwf Wrote:  I wonder if they're figuring out how to handle voice commands. Would saying "Channel 4" open the app, or the channel?
On a Fire Stick saying "Alexa Channel 4" takes you to the app.

However, if you say "Alexa OPEN Channel 4", you are rather bizarrely taken to a game called 'Red Ball 4'. Tongue

(26-04-2023, 08:50 PM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  I did noticed that the 4Viewers Twitter account is now referring to #C4Streaming, which kind of defeats the point, they seem to only use #C4 to refer to online viewing when they provide a link to the show they’re talking about
I just noticed a new trailer after the news and the VO just talks about "stream or watch live on Channel 4".

So the England/North Macedonia match on Channel 4 has advertising boards for Microsoft's Xbox that give out codes for free stuff... which if you try and take a screenshot are blocked by Microsoft's Playready anti-piracy software. Own goal there.

Channel Four need to accept their on demand is called 4OD. 

twitter.com 
[-] The following 9 users Like Daveuk's post:
  • AJB39, AndrewP, chaose, ethanjbrady, interestednovice, Jeff, JosiahStuart, paul_hadley, Roger Darthwell

It was a great name, to be fair. Rolls right off the tongue.

The Channel 4 Android app has given the section called My Shows a big overhaul.

It now has "Continue Watching", "My List" and "Recommended For You" categories located within that section of the app.

It also includes a personal greeting with your name on it where it says where you can watch the shows below.

The other sections of the app remain unchanged.
[-] The following 1 user Likes bkman1990's post:
  • RhysJR

Channel 4 have put out an online survey for anyone who uses Channel 4+ in the UK.

They have said the following in their email:

"Hi ****** (insert person's name)

We’d like to ask you a few questions to help us understand how we can improve Channel 4+, Channel 4's paid for ad-free streaming service. We hope this information will help us build a better experience for everybody.

As a thank you for taking part, you’ll be entered into a draw to win a £50 Amazon gift card."

I wonder what this is about as I think these improvements will probably apply to people who live in the UK only.