All4 to rebrand to Channel 4

(02-09-2023, 11:36 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Channel 4 have put out an online survey for anyone who uses Channel 4+ in the UK.

I wonder what this is about as I think these improvements will probably apply to people who live in the UK only.

That's code for "we're going to make a lot of changes but first we'll harvest some opinions,highlight those that match with our changes, ignore the rest, make the changes and then say this is what you wanted."
[-] The following 4 users Like Neil Jones's post:
  • Brekkie, ethanjbrady, SunburntRock89, UTVLifer

Hopefully this isn't too off topic.

Channel 4 Plots U.S. Expansion With Launch Of Two FAST Networks Across The Pond
The 4 Adventure and 4 Emergency FAST channels represent a major step for the public commercial broadcaster, which has talked up its strategy to boost digital turnover and find alternative revenue streams for a number of years now.

deadline.com 

(04-09-2023, 11:05 AM)chrisdafur Wrote:  Hopefully this isn't too off topic.

Channel 4 Plots U.S. Expansion With Launch Of Two FAST Networks Across The Pond
The 4 Adventure and 4 Emergency FAST channels represent a major step for the public commercial broadcaster, which has talked up its strategy to boost digital turnover and find alternative revenue streams for a number of years now.

deadline.com 
Personally, in today's climate, I think this might be a smart move for Channel 4 launching FAST channels on international markets, because looking at the UK output at the moment, I can't see 4seven have a future, particularly with their digital first strategy.
[-] The following 2 users Like JamieMurph25's post:
  • bkman1990, dbl

Channel 4 app returns to Freesat 4K boxes only, Freesat previously lost the ALL4 app in 2018 on their earlier generation boxes.

rxtvinfo.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • chrisdafur

News today that 'Channel 4' are launching their first FAST channel - it's going to be a loop of Married at First Sight UK episodes.

Went onto the app to have a look - it's not there yet - but I was shocked to see a feed of the Covid Enquiry on the homepage... doesn't appear to be any branding on it at all, just a clean feed of Boris Johnson giving evidence currently.

They need to get the 4Music/BOX channels up their too. A Walter Presents and True Crime channel would make sense too, and hopefully means they can put live Paralympic streams within "All 4" next year rather than rely on YouTube or have a separate mini-site
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • BlueFrog, callumwatchestelly, GMc, orange, Roger Darthwell

The C4 app has finally been added to Sky Q after launching on Glass/Stream first.

The new Channel 4 logo has also appeared in the Quick Access app panel in the Microsoft Edge browser.

The Quick Access app panel includes of smaller logos or favicons of website that are available online.

It used to have the old All4 logo within the panel up to a few days ago. But Channel 4 has just changed it to display their bright green logo.

Sorry if this has been mentioned before...but is Channel 4 (Streaming) using 50fps now? First time using the app for Live TV in a while, and it feels very fluid.

Does anyone else have buffering issues on the Sky Q version of the app? Especially when watching Hollyoaks on there.