Thread Closed

BBC News Pres: 2022 - Present

Just noticed that BBC has updated its BREAKING stinger graphics, completely ditching circular shapes in favour of horizontal stripes sliding from below, like in the 6/10 headlines.
[Image: image.png]
Taken from:
archive.org 
[-] The following 8 users Like oscillon's post:
  • AIB01WB, bkman1990, CF1, Chud, JosiahStuart, LTNewslover, Ma76, W. Knight

Video won’t load for me but didn’t they updated that sting four years ago with the new lower thirds?

Well if that was the last dedicated bbc world news bulletin it didn’t really get a proper ending.

(02-04-2023, 09:21 AM)chris Wrote:  Video won’t load for me but didn’t they updated that sting four years ago with the new lower thirds?

Previously that sting was based on arcs if I remember correctly.

(02-04-2023, 09:28 AM)harshy Wrote:  Well if that was the last dedicated bbc world news bulletin it didn’t really get a proper ending.
It's been posted in the merger thread that the official change to the new channel happens at 9am BST tomorrow. So the final BBC World News branded bulletin is likely at 8am BST tomorrow.
[-] The following 3 users Like Radio_man's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, harshy

Hopefully that Breaking News sting can be seen here.

I can't access archive unless using a VPN.

Link description here

That’s the one thing they couldn’t brand the breaking news sting as it was on the feed itself and on the sting itself.

Shaun Ley:

twitter.com 
[-] The following 12 users Like JamesWorldNews's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bakamann, bkman1990, Kojak, London Lite, MLehon, Newsroom, Rolling News, SuperSajuuk, thePineapple, TVFan

Terrible. BBC really not into experienced presenters these days....  Rolleyes   Who are we going to be left with? Regional/overnight bunch???
[-] The following 4 users Like ginnyfan's post:
  • bkman1990, CF1, MLehon, UTVLifer

I was not expecting this.

Shaun Ley has been my favourite news presenter for years; his presenting style, warmth and so much more about him really resonates with myself and, as it seems, quite a few other avid viewers. I was really hoping that he'd be staying on the new merged channel.

I hope this isn't it for Shaun, and we see him again in some capacity soon.
[-] The following 13 users Like Quantum+83's post:
  • AIB01WB, AJB39, bkman1990, ginnyfan, GMc, James, Jayesyn, MLehon, Moz, oscillon, Telefunken, thePineapple, UTVLifer
Thread Closed