BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

Don't think they'll remove 115 from anywhere until the last region has migrated. Even then it might just change to a "Go to 101" slate for a while.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 3 users Like Nick Harvey's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy, Rex

(24-01-2023, 01:37 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Anyone else using Freesat in the BBC South East region have the "Moved" channel on 106 saying to turn to 101 for HD and regional programmes? I have, since Monday. 101 obviously has BBC One South East in SD as it hasn't switched  to HD yet. 101 has the 'Press Select for HD' prompt but this now goes to BBC One NI HD which is the first HD version of BBC One HD on the EPG, despite being in the 900s.

Yikes, that doesn't sound good...?

Off the top of my head, I think BBC One HD (the version which is/was on channel 106) should still be accessible on channel 972?

(24-01-2023, 04:50 PM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  Don't think they'll remove 115 from anywhere until the last region has migrated. Even then it might just change to a "Go to 101" slate for a while.

If they’re keeping it there, they’ll need to update the ‘BBC One HD cannot yet show programmes from your area’ red screen message, as it’ll be untrue for viewers where regional HD is available.

(24-01-2023, 05:58 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(24-01-2023, 04:50 PM)Nick Harvey Wrote:  Don't think they'll remove 115 from anywhere until the last region has migrated. Even then it might just change to a "Go to 101" slate for a while.

If they’re keeping it there, they’ll need to update the ‘BBC One HD cannot yet show programmes from your area’ red screen message, as it’ll be untrue for viewers where regional HD is available.
The biggest risk in leaving it there (for now) is that some viewers simply don't notice that there's a better option available.

There must be a technical limitation preventing them from doing what they've done on Freesat?
[-] The following 1 user Likes IanJRedman's post:
  • Spencer

Has anyone received any new tests for BBC One East & BBC One East Midlands HD on Sky or Freesat on their boxes yet?

Not yet. Thus is because they will be on 20.818V but CBBC/BBC3 and BBC News have nit yet migrated to nightlight.

They have in Freesat but not yet on Sky. Once they have you should see them shortly afterwards.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • ASnep, bkman1990

(24-01-2023, 06:20 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Has anyone received any new tests for BBC One East & BBC One East Midlands HD on Sky or Freesat on their boxes yet?

For that they need to clear 10818 V first. Sky apparently haven't switched BBC Three, CBBC and BBC News to the Nightlight yet.
[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • bkman1990, Jimbo2022

Look forward to BBC One Yorks HD but not HD channel in the future.

(24-01-2023, 05:38 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  
(24-01-2023, 01:37 PM)Nobby Wrote:  Anyone else using Freesat in the BBC South East region have the "Moved" channel on 106 saying to turn to 101 for HD and regional programmes? I have, since Monday. 101 obviously has BBC One South East in SD as it hasn't switched  to HD yet. 101 has the 'Press Select for HD' prompt but this now goes to BBC One NI HD which is the first HD version of BBC One HD on the EPG, despite being in the 900s.

Yikes, that doesn't sound good...?

Off the top of my head, I think BBC One HD (the version which is/was on channel 106) should still be accessible on channel 972?
You are correct. In fact, that's what pressing select on 101 takes you to, 972. It's not BBC One NI after all, it's BBC One HD, I just couldn't read the small text on the logo.

It still feels wrong that BBC One HD has been moved from 106 though. I've not seen anyone else mention it so maybe the issue is unique to my postcode. I don't have any neighbors with Freesat to compare notes with.

(24-01-2023, 06:33 PM)ASnep Wrote:  
(24-01-2023, 06:20 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Has anyone received any new tests for BBC One East & BBC One East Midlands HD on Sky or Freesat on their boxes yet?

For that they need to clear 10818 V first. Sky apparently haven't switched BBC Three, CBBC and BBC News to the Nightlight yet.

Apologies if I've missed it but could someone explain to me what Nightlight means in this context please? I thought it was just the name of the BBC One England SD channel?