BBC phasing out SD services on satellite in 2023

(13-02-2023, 02:46 PM)harshy Wrote:  I’ve got bbc scotland on 10818 v 22000 10363 as well as well as the proper one so three places.
The 'BBC Scotland HD' feed is shuffling around quite a bit and being duplicated. This is the third move/replication I think, but this transponder space will eventually become 'BBC One Lon HD' according to their plans.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

(13-02-2023, 03:23 PM)Stuart Wrote:  
(13-02-2023, 02:46 PM)harshy Wrote:  I’ve got bbc scotland on 10818 v 22000 10363 as well as well as the proper one so three places.
The 'BBC Scotland HD' feed is shuffling around quite a bit and being duplicated. This is the third move/replication I think, but this transponder space will eventually become 'BBC One Lon HD' according to their plans.

BBC Scotland HD is doing two moves. From 11024 H to 10818 V first and now from 10818 V to 10788 V (the old feed on 11024 should be down by now).

It looks like through the whole switch they try to keep it at 3 Versions of BBC One per transponder as a maximum. Which is why BBC Scotland had to do a bit of musical chairs   Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

SW HD now in place at 101 on Freesat.
[-] The following 3 users Like i.h's post:
  • ASnep, bkman1990, Stuart

Same goes for 'West HD' and 'CI HD' along with the launch of 'RB 1 HD' on 980 everywhere.
[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

I'm getting Channel Islands on 10310 and South West on 10341.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 2 users Like Nick Harvey's post:
  • bkman1990, harshy

Does anyone know what time the changes take place at on Sky please?

JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:Does anyone know what time the changes take place at on Sky please?
The recent changes have been a little before midday, but I doubt that's guaranteed.

This week's changes have been moved to Wednesday.

Nick Harvey
Carbuncle Corner - The Monstrous Lump on the World Wide Web
[-] The following 1 user Likes Nick Harvey's post:
  • JACKLUFC1998

(13-02-2023, 08:41 PM)JACKLUFC1998 Wrote:  Does anyone know what time the changes take place at on Sky please?
Any changes on the Sky EPG are normally triggered after 10am.

Is there a reason why this week’s launch has been delayed on Sky, but went ahead as originally scheduled on Freesat?

(14-02-2023, 09:13 AM)Spencer Wrote:  Is there a reason why this week’s launch has been delayed on Sky, but went ahead as originally scheduled on Freesat?

There was a delay with the switch from DVB-S to DVB-S2 on this transponder and it only went live with the new parameters on Monday. Sky still seems to requre at least a couple days of testing, while Freesat seems to be fine to launch new services right away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ASnep's post:
  • Spencer