Children In Need

Thought I'd createa thread for this year's Children in Need, which is currently working.

One observation is that so far there hasn't been any regional update, presumably also nothing in the nations.

The lack of regional update(s) is presumably also why the Children In Need choir was pre-recorded on mostly location, compared to being live across the UK. Admittedly it did use to be the 'see which regions are still in SD' section.

Formerly 'Charlie Wells' of TV Forum.
[-] The following 2 users Like Keith's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, Ma76

(18-11-2022, 08:58 PM)Keith Wrote:  Thought I'd createa thread for this year's Children in Need, which is currently working.

One observation is that so far there hasn't been any regional update, presumably also nothing in the nations.

The lack of regional update(s) is presumably also why the Children In Need choir was pre-recorded on mostly location, compared to being live across the UK. Admittedly it did use to be the 'see which regions are still in SD' section.

Disappointing theres no live links to the regions anymore, always a joy from a TV nerd point of view to see the various 'quality' OBs. Money I guess. Sad
[-] The following 3 users Like aaron_scotland's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, fanoftv, Ma76

Scotland will have a hour from 10pm on BBC Scotland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Happy2001's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

BBC CiN... it ain't what it used to be!
[-] The following 8 users Like cable's post:
  • AJB39, Ben Shatliff, bkman1990, DE88, DeMarkay, DJ Dave, Happy2001, Ma76

Why have they continued with a three hour format now Covid-19 restrictions are over?

It is a great shame to see a once must watch Telethon be reduced to three hours and no regional content?
[-] The following 7 users Like Ben Shatliff's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, DE88, DeMarkay, DJ Dave, fanoftv, Ma76

(18-11-2022, 09:16 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Why have they continued with a three hour format now Covid-19 restrictions are over?

It is a great shame to see a once must watch Telethon be reduced to three hours and no regional content?
Budget cuts.

(18-11-2022, 09:17 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  
(18-11-2022, 09:16 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  Why have they continued with a three hour format now Covid-19 restrictions are over?

Budget cuts.

Thirty Years Ago during the 1992 Recession they still stayed on air until late and had a good programme.

(18-11-2022, 09:22 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  
(18-11-2022, 09:17 PM)Newshound47 Wrote:  Budget cuts.

Thirty Years Ago during the 1992 Recession they still stayed on air until late and had a good programme.

I think the BBC is just getting tired of Telethons. There is rather little actually on tonight’s show.
[-] The following 2 users Like Newshound47's post:
  • Ben Shatliff, DeMarkay

it took me until Text Santa to realise how much of the money CiN and Comic Relief raises was through corporate sponsorship.

It was a simpler time... The school mufty days, bring and buy sales and Blue Peter totaliser appeals were cute but, I realised at the point it didn't really make much difference if I donated a few quid or not... and the world has kept on turning since.

These days, so much TV I consume is not live and I didn't even know it was on until I starting browsing the EPG.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cable's post:
  • Ben Shatliff

(18-11-2022, 08:58 PM)Keith Wrote:  Thought I'd createa thread for this year's Children in Need, which is currently working.

BBC One NI had a regional opt not long into the programme.

And we now have the new Doctor Who companion named too!

I won't spoil it for those who've not seen it / read about it.