Britain’s Got Talent 2024

A change for the logo this year, although the gold intro remains.
[-] The following 1 user Likes iloveTV1's post:
  • Hybrid

Has that gold intro ever been updated or does it have the same imagery as when it launched around 2012 I think. The original intro and theme was much better.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • DJ Dave

I’m so sick of that Hollywood style gold intro. I really wish they would go back to a proper title sequence, that features iconic moments from over the years.

Or even, a short intro because that’s the new trend now just 10 seconds of the theme music and some imagery from over the years.
[-] The following 2 users Like DeMarkay's post:
  • Brekkie, callumwatchestelly

(20-04-2024, 09:05 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I’m so sick of that Hollywood style gold intro. I really wish they would go back to a proper title sequence, that features iconic moments from over the years.

Or even, a short intro because that’s the new trend now just 10 seconds of the theme music and some imagery from over the years.

At least Strictly hasn't gone down that path, and has a proper opening title sequence
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • DeMarkay

Maybe the animation used around the breaks should be the new intro.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JAS84's post:
  • DeMarkay

So, I just watched the online offshoot, 'Britain's Got Talent: Reacts', and personally, it felt like it would suit YouTube rather than a streaming platform like ITVX.

It will be interesting to see the overnight ratings for the premiere show - yes, overnight ratings mean nothing now, but will BGT beat the 5 million mark? 5.5 million was the overnight for the 2023 premiere episode. I wonder how much they might lose for this series?

Based on SNT I'd say 4.5m is more likely the benchmark now.

x.com 

Last night’s rating, a bit more than I expected.
[-] The following 2 users Like Score's post:
  • Brekkie, Happy2001

(20-04-2024, 09:05 PM)DeMarkay Wrote:  I’m so sick of that Hollywood style gold intro. I really wish they would go back to a proper title sequence, that features iconic moments from over the years.

I’m sure I read a while back the reason why shows don’t have long intros anymore is to do with broadcasters trying to squeeze as many adverts in as possible/allowed during the show. They don’t see them as a necessity anymore, especially on large well knows shows like BGT etc. Time is money so they say. How true that is I’m not sure.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mrarg1393's post:
  • Hybrid