EastEnders

It’s clear they didn’t want to kill Mick off, and Danny Dyer didn’t want to leave in the back of a taxi either. It’s a kind of compromise. I’m sure they will entice him back at some point.

THE NEXT POST FOLLOWS SHORTLY…
[-] The following 1 user Likes Si-Co's post:
  • DeMarkay

There's certainly plenty of cases where soap bosses have regretted killing people off.

It's going to be a Harold Bishop where he turns up after several years with no memory, isn't it?
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • Si-Co, TJTSW

After several weeks of filmised EastEnders on Drama, both of today's episodes also have a black bar across the bottom of the screen. Has nobody noticed these episodes are being transferred incorrectly?

The Howards Way repeats that follow are also affected by the filmising.
[-] The following 2 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, stusoldvideo

Looks like the old set has almost gone. I think the original plans were to use the land for extra sets. However, with ratings falling and Holby also now gone.... I do wonder whether it will be sold for housing.

twitter.com 
[-] The following 6 users Like Earlie37's post:
  • bkman1990, DE88, Ma76, paul_hadley, stusoldvideo, The Decimator

Are the current episodes of Eastenders on BBC One showing the old set or the new one?

(16-01-2023, 10:16 PM)bkman1990 Wrote:  Are the current episodes of Eastenders on BBC One showing the old set or the new one?

The new set has been on screen since March 2022.
[-] The following 2 users Like IanJRedman's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76

(15-01-2023, 04:03 PM)Earlie37 Wrote:  Looks like the old set has almost gone. I think the original plans were to use the land for extra sets. However, with ratings falling and Holby also now gone.... I do wonder whether it will be sold for housing.

twitter.com 

You'd struggle to get a housing development in there I think - they'd still try I'm sure but houses and privately owned land surround the site, it's boxed in and the only way of achieving that would be for the BBC to sell off more than just the Eastenders backlot.

One of my work colleagues is a neighbour (I think she lives a few doors down from where that photo was taken) - she said the BBC assured them they wouldn't sell it for someone to construct housing on it when it was no longer used, so we'll see how truthful they are.

Edit: I think they're also retaining George Street for the Tube Station set as well, as the new set doesn't have it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mike's post:
  • Ma76

It looks like they've kept the tube station, allotment and park from the old set, all three still appear on screen, there wasn't room to build them into the new set.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James2001's post:
  • Ma76

So Eastenders just did a 'flashforward' to Christmas 2023. Lining up a 10 month cliffhanger.

Is this what they're claiming as their "soap first", even though Hollyoaks have done that at least twice?