International Presentation

Back to the RTL Hungary rebrand, here's a montage of how the full new look looks like... In my perspective, it looks very superior to how the implementation was made in Germany. This is also aided by the fact it was homegrown-made: the brand elements were done by local studio Play Dead (which also designed the final RTL Klub brand package, and works with most local TV channels) without compromising the equity of the common RTL United brand elements and positioning. The logo, however, gets a BBC Project Chameleon-like treatment.

https://youtu.be/D8pjVcbxc6I

In another note, the relaunch of the other channels will happen in the following dates:

[*]RTL+ becomes RTL Három on Friday, dropping its male-skewing remit and repositioning as a film-focused channel, but still airing some football and acquiring the local rights to The Midsomer Murders from TV2's Galaxy
[*]RTL II will be renamed to RTL Kettő on November 20, retaining its younger-skewing remit
[*]RTL Gold will rebrand shortly before Christmas (no exact date still given)
[*]The RTL+ platform launches in Hungary on November 16
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • hghdfntn

Over in Australia, Seven signed a deal with NBCUniversal, importing Bravo to their channel portfolio in January 2023.
[Image: 7Bravo.jpg]
The new channel would be called 7Bravo, which focuses on reality and true crime:
Quote:Key programs on 7Bravo in 2023 will include the new local offering of “Below Deck Down Under”, as well as “Below Deck Adventure”, “The Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip” (Season 1), “The Real Housewives of Dubai”, “The Real Housewives of Miami”, “Love Without Borders”, “Southern Hospitality” and “Real Girlfriends in Paris”.

It will also host talk shows including “The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon” and “The Kelly Clarkson Show”, as well as “Judge Jerry” and red carpet content from key awards shows courtesy of E!.

7Bravo will also feature true crime content from Oxygen True Crime, including “Snapped”, “911 Crisis Center”, “Buried in the Backyard”, “Exhumed”, “Black Widow Murders”, “Accident”, “Suicide or Murder” and “The First Mindhunter”.
(From Variety Australia)

Watch this space...
WestKnightTV - on DeviantArt

(18-10-2022, 02:05 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  Hoy TV, Hong Kong, 18/10/2022. A few months ago, I covered the 2018 FTA Ch.77's rebrand from Fantastic TV to HK Open TV back in the purple place. 

Now, 5 years since their first broadcast, the channel had a new name: Hoy TV. It was based on the Cantonese pronunciation of the term 'open', but not exactly in jyutping spelling. This is their launch promo:
youtu.be 

The full CGI ident (and possibly a promo template for their talent show at 29:32):
youtu.be 

Programme change slide, programme junction, and a promo sting featuring presumably the contestents from the talent show (at 3:29). From what we see so far, there's variants on their entertainment and travelling lineup:
youtu.be 

The whole presentation especially the name HOY TV is quite awful… It sounds like two people arguing in Cantonese - Choy (Bah)! Well another TV channel in Hong Kong even has a name which could be a homophonic pun of the Cantonese F-bomb…

And HOY TV’s logo reminds me of VOA.

(27-10-2022, 01:27 PM)Frances Wrote:  
(18-10-2022, 02:05 PM)W. Knight Wrote:  Hoy TV, Hong Kong, 18/10/2022. A few months ago, I covered the 2018 FTA Ch.77's rebrand from Fantastic TV to HK Open TV back in the purple place. 

Now, 5 years since their first broadcast, the channel had a new name: Hoy TV. It was based on the Cantonese pronunciation of the term 'open', but not exactly in jyutping spelling.

The whole presentation especially the name HOY TV is quite awful… It sounds like two people arguing in Cantonese - Choy (Bah)! Well another TV channel in Hong Kong even has a name which could be a homophonic pun of the Cantonese F-bomb…

And HOY TV’s logo reminds me of VOA.
I agree - that's a terrible name. The station you mentioned, ViuTV, despite potential F-bomb connotations, still has a set of official meanings behind each letter (View, I & yoU). But Hoy? Not so much.

At the very least, they could've named it HOI, per the Romanized Cantonese spelling of the term. There's a bonus effect too - the symbol can be designed to rotate 90 degrees and still be legible. But knowing Ch.77, station image is probably of their last concern, with the first being "attracting viewers to watch the bloody thing" Dodgy - as proved in the VOA-lookalike symbol.

Watch this space...

(27-10-2022, 03:42 AM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  Back to the RTL Hungary rebrand, here's a montage of how the full new look looks like... In my perspective, it looks very superior to how the implementation was made in Germany. The logo, however, gets a BBC Project Chameleon-like treatment.

https://youtu.be/D8pjVcbxc6I
The logo animations look far superior compared to the German version. Of course, RTL Germany has almost no animations to speak of… it’s just an ever so slightly moving logo an a black background. How that got approved is still a mystery to me.

So it’s nice to see what can actually be done with that logo. The elastic coloured boxes are a great concept. It’s a shame they aren’t used on the German channel.
[-] The following 4 users Like chaose's post:
  • benzj, ConorM98, JosiahStuart, Medianext.MX

(27-10-2022, 03:42 AM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  The relaunch of the other channels will happen in the following dates:

[*]RTL+ becomes RTL Három on Friday, dropping its male-skewing remit and repositioning as a film-focused channel, but still airing some football and acquiring the local rights to The Midsomer Murders from TV2's Galaxy
[*]RTL II will be renamed to RTL Kettő on November 20, retaining its younger-skewing remit
[*]RTL Gold will rebrand shortly before Christmas (no exact date still given)
[*]The RTL+ platform launches in Hungary on November 16
And RTL Három is on the air:
youtu.be 

The animation are really nice - a clever tie-in with the main channel colours. In addition to the RTL Hungary package a few days prior, these are becoming my favourites.

Watch this space...
[-] The following 1 user Likes W. Knight's post:
  • Medianext.MX

And here's a montage of some graphical elements of the channel:

www.youtube.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Medianext.MX's post:
  • W. Knight

(29-10-2022, 04:36 PM)Medianext.MX Wrote:  And here's a montage of some graphical elements of the channel:

www.youtube.com 

Very nice idents and graphics.
Could give the German RTL a run for their money.
I'm hoping RTL Ketto's new look will look nice, seeing that they're keeping the youth demographic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ConorM98's post:
  • Medianext.MX

On the topic of corporate rebrand, Antena 1 in Romania redesigned the 1 symbol with a new typeface, coinciding with their holding group name change to Antena.

As of now, Antena 1 and Antena International has received a new look, all of which designed by UK-based Twin Associates. Here's a compilation of programme junctions and idents under the new package:
youtu.be 

Ad break idents and standard promos on the channel. Notice the Antena tag on top - this is the identifier for cross-channel promos and station DOGs:
youtu.be 

The new Antena International ident:
youtu.be 

Over in Ontario, Canada, public broadcaster TVO may have a change coming soon. As seen from its Digital Learning Outreach, its services has a new san-serif look, as well as on their main websites TVO Today and TVO.me.

[Image: TVO-ME_Primary_Logo_RGB.svg]
[Image: TVO-Today_Primary_Logo_RGB.svg]

Watch this space...

Ah yes, TV Ontario, the brand whose "Kids" strand brought about a logo bloopers fanbase that is god-awful  Big Grin

...yeah, I'm from that part of the internet

[Image: TVOkids_Primary_Logo_RGB.svg]
[-] The following 3 users Like Lyric's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, SlimyTrain, W. Knight