Channel 4 Christmas 2023

Looks like there will be a Mog ident for the Christmas, nicely animated in the new ident style
x.com 
[-] The following 5 users Like PATV Scunthorpe's post:
  • bkman1990, insert_good_username_here, orange, Spencer, Stuart

(01-12-2023, 11:37 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Looks like there will be a Mog ident for the Christmas, nicely animated in the new ident style
x.com 

That looks gorgeous, would love to see Channel 4 play around the concept next year, like an ident filmed in Paris for the Paris Paralympics, or they could make one based on French culture and how it's evolved since 1924 (the year Paris last hosted the Olympics).
[-] The following 3 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff, Stuart

(01-12-2023, 11:37 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Looks like there will be a Mog ident for the Christmas, nicely animated in the new ident style
x.com 

I know it's programme-specific, but that's much better than BBC1's efforts! Really lovely, even if only for this year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Former Member 24's post:
  • Argyess

I just hope how it's shown on there is how it will appear on broadcast too, and they won't be obliged to whack a great big '(c) 2023 COPYRIGHT HARPER COLLINS PUBLISHING' message over the top of it as they had to do with The Snowman one last year.

What will be interesting to see is how this sits as part of the wider package though. Short stings or idents for Channel 4 based on that year's animation are nothing new, but they were usually being added in to a growing rotation alongside others so only got occasional use. As they're effectively working with a blank slate this year, it'll be a first chance to see if they just use this for most things once they go into full Christmas mode to get their money's worth out of it. Or whether they'll also have some more generic ones in the mix. Has anyone spotted any changes to any promo endboards yet as in previous years they've often been the first to give us a hint, usually before we're even out of November? The online promo for Mog still seems to have regular endboard branding, but that may just be a limit of their automated YouTube workflow.

TV Whirl - Since 2001

That is gorgeous - wasn't expecting anything in the ident style at all.
[-] The following 2 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff

(01-12-2023, 02:26 PM)Brekkie Wrote:  That is gorgeous - wasn't expecting anything in the ident style at all.

Kudos to Lupus Films for their gorgeous animations though. They put a lot of thought and care into their ident this year.
[-] The following 2 users Like Edogawa Ranpo's post:
  • bkman1990, Jeff

(01-12-2023, 11:37 AM)PATV Scunthorpe Wrote:  Looks like there will be a Mog ident for the Christmas, nicely animated in the new ident style
x.com 

This is absolutely lovely. I really am so happy that they’re actually doing something like this with the ident format - I feared as good as it is they might have painted themselves into a corner by how they were using the cube style for everything else. 

I hope there’s more to come with future applications and events.

I was hoping for a Christmas ident from Channel 4 this year, expecting it to be related to Mog. But for them to have it done in line with the current branding is an unexpected and pleasant surprise.

Well done, Channel 4.

I strongly suspect that, ident wise, they will have the best offering of all the "main" channels this Christmas.
[-] The following 3 users Like Argyess's post:
  • bkman1990, ethanjbrady, Spencer

Box of Baubles ident to launch Channel 4's Christmas presentation

theident.gallery 

[Image: tig96x96.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew Wood's post:
  • bkman1990, orange, Stuart, TesTVWhirl

Also very nice - a little plain but i’m glad that it shows more of a dynamic to the box concept.
[-] The following 1 user Likes orange's post:
  • callumwatchestelly