BBC One Nightlight

RPG data is missing on SD feeds on

Tuesday 36 March 1700 on Sky
Tuesday 26 March 0900 on Freesst

An additional entry times at 0524 for 12 hours appears 7 days from today each day

Notice has been unchanged since 5 Feb, as well as AD voiceover

The helpline 0330 123 1876 has new message but advised if you are struggling to redeem voucher, to call what turns out to be the Freesst Customer Care.

When I spot any further change will let you know
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimbo2022's post:
  • interestednovice

BBC SD closures are now confirmed on Tuesday 26 March by Sky. HD versions of the channels will be on the higher numbers as now with the channels in the 650s and 800scrrmived.

This will likely mean a Freesat BBC SD closure on Monday (TBC). Freesat often has changed the day before
  • interestednovice

This makes sense, everything switched off and the necessary EPG removals from Sky & Freesat completed ahead of the Easter weekend.
[-] The following 2 users Like interestednovice's post:
  • Jimbo2022, Stuart

All BBC Nightlight feeds were deleted entirely from Freesat boxes at lunchtime today

Shortly after 12, all were deleted from SD boxes and the few that remained in HD boxes were also deleted.

The mux on 10803H was also deleted from FREESAT NIT along with 2 other non BBC muxes.

Still broadcasting but due to come off Sky tomorrow
  • interestednovice

Presumably this will pave the way for BBC One South HD to move from the Sky transponder onto the BBC's own capacity?

think the jury's still out on whether the BBC is keeping the transponder or is able to hand it back
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • interestednovice

(25-03-2024, 05:54 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  Presumably this will pave the way for BBC One South HD to move from the Sky transponder onto the BBC's own capacity?
No, it'll need another TV channel to close to fit that one in

(25-03-2024, 06:31 PM)i.h Wrote:  think the jury's still out on whether the BBC is keeping the transponder or is able to hand it back
It'll be handed back. No point fitting (almost) everything on the existing space and then not lose the redundant one
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • interestednovice

(25-03-2024, 09:29 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  No, it'll need another TV channel to close to fit that one in

It'll be handed back. No point fitting (almost) everything on the existing space and then not lose the redundant one

And that might be a while as there hasn’t been an update on BBC 4 and CBBC’s closing dates for a while so they not imminent,
[-] The following 1 user Likes Newshound47's post:
  • interestednovice

(25-03-2024, 09:29 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  No, it'll need another TV channel to close to fit that one in

Not necessarily - if the BBC's agreed to keep it then it makes sense to convert to DVB-S2 and spread the load. I suspect neither of us know the details of their contracts with SES other than that the BBC signed a new agreement a year or so ago.

I guess one of us will be proven right shortly...
[-] The following 1 user Likes i.h's post:
  • interestednovice

All 21 SIDs on 10.803H were deleted shortly after 1200.

Mux still active but just a carrier now.
  • interestednovice