BBC One Nightlight

(07-01-2023, 10:24 AM)Spencer Wrote:  If I remember correctly, they acted as a l signal for some boxes to switch aspect ratios between 16:9 and 4:3.
On Sky SD transmissions the STB does its aspect ratio switching signalled
By Wide Screen Signalling in the first half of line 23
(The second half is active picture)
DTT and Freesat use the Active Format Description in the MPEG stream so you cannot see it .

Some tv set blank the whole of line 23 from being displayed
Most blank all the earlier lines so you did not see teletext etc
which is on lines 6/319 to 22/335.

If you want to see the specifications
WSS www.etsi.org 
AFD in annex B ..this is a very long document !
www.etsi.org 
Allocation of services in the VBI ..this is very readable
www.etsi.org 
[-] The following 6 users Like Technologist's post:
  • harshy, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, London Lite, Ma76, Spencer

I did a rescan today and more of these have appeared now.

(09-01-2023, 08:37 PM)harshy Wrote:  I did a rescan today and more of these have appeared now.

Any idea what channels/regions they are?

(09-01-2023, 09:30 PM)Spencer Wrote:  
(09-01-2023, 08:37 PM)harshy Wrote:  I did a rescan today and more of these have appeared now.

Any idea what channels/regions they are?

Not a clue tbh as some of them are showing channels like bbc alba
[-] The following 1 user Likes harshy's post:
  • Spencer

(09-01-2023, 09:30 PM)Spencer Wrote:  Any idea what channels/regions they are?

There are currently 9 video streams, which seem to be: One, Two, Three/CBBC, Four/Cbeebies, Scotland, Alba, News, Parliament, Red Button 1

Can't tell you what regions One and Two are though. My guess would be One is the new SD version of the "Red slate of death" and Two is England.
[-] The following 2 users Like ASnep's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer

(09-01-2023, 10:16 PM)ASnep Wrote:  

There are currently 9 video streams, which seem to be: One, Two, Three/CBBC, Four/Cbeebies, Scotland, Alba, News, Parliament, Red Button 1

Can't tell you what regions One and Two are though. My guess would be One is the new SD version of the "Red slate of death" and Two is England.

One is the sustaining service with red slate. Two us the sustaining service which is seen in England and Scotland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimbo2022's post:
  • interestednovice

(09-01-2023, 10:16 PM)ASnep Wrote:  

That is correct, as has been said in the publicity about these changes - SD viewers will lose all regional versions of BBC channels
[-] The following 4 users Like Stooky Bill's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Jimbo2022, Ma76

Schedule now on website. Starts in 22 Jan listings wise but identical to BBC1 HD schedule.

www.bbc.co.uk 

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jimbo2022's post:
  • interestednovice

With the publication of the English regional HD schedules from 22 January, this all looks as though it's happening sooner than I expected.

Are they actually going to call the single SD version 'BBC One Nightlight'? I thought that was just a name within the industry, rather than a public facing one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice

BBC1 SD I think. But it is still the national generic BBC1 you get in HD currently but with an additional switch to a different red slate.
[-] The following 4 users Like Jimbo2022's post:
  • bkman1990, interestednovice, Ma76, Stuart