CITV’s 40th Anniversary

Next Tuesday (3rd January), will be the 40th anniversary of CITV. As of now, there are no official plans for any celebrations by the channel itself. However, Neil Buchanan has said he would be willing to revive Art Attack for a one-off anniversary special, according to an interview published in October this year. 
https://metro.co.uk/2022/10/24/neil-buchanan-is-up-for-art-attack-return-for-citvs-40th-anniversary-17623709/
[-] The following 4 users Like TVNerd's post:
  • bkman1990, fanoftv, Kojak, Ma76

I would LOVE that. Neil was my childhood hero and Art Attack was my all time favourite programme as a child. Though I would be more than happy with Disney pulling their finger out and putting the whole lot on Disney Plus. (And the less said about the 2011 revival, the better…)

The first few series were made by TVS, so they might have a few problems with that?

I'm pretty sure Neil got the rights to the TVS series when he got the rights to the show after TVS went off air. The Disney Channel showed the TVS episodes in the 00s, and it was a TVS episode shown on the CITV 30th weekend 10 years ago as well.

The TVS episodes of How2 ended up on Amazon Prime a few years back too, so at least some of the shows that continued under new producers after TVS went off air don't have the rights issues.
[-] The following 4 users Like James2001's post:
  • bkman1990, Kojak, Ma76, Steve in Pudsey

(27-12-2022, 11:37 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Neil got the rights to the TVS series when he got the rights to the show after TVS went off air. The Disney Channel showed the TVS episodes in the 00s, and it was a TVS episode shown on the CITV 30th weekend 10 years ago as well.

The TVS episodes of How2 ended up on Amazon Prime a few years back too, so at least some of the shows that continued under new producers after TVS went off air don't have the rights issues.
Yes, Disney did show the very early episodes in the late 90s/2000s - I used to watch them religiously. I think they got up to Series 12 (1999) in the end. I know that a Chinese streaming service bought the rights to the entire series for their market, and went as far as to have the original tapes rescanned and remastered. If Disney were interested then I don’t see why those new masters couldn’t be put on Disney+ here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kojak's post:
  • Ma76

instead of an old school weekend, could they perhaps put entire series of their classic shows on ITVX? They have some e.g. press gang but maybe an entire curated section?

Perhaps even a FAST channel replacing the Christmas/World Cup streams.

(27-12-2022, 11:37 AM)James2001 Wrote:  I'm pretty sure Neil got the rights to the TVS series when he got the rights to the show after TVS went off air. The Disney Channel showed the TVS episodes in the 00s, and it was a TVS episode shown on the CITV 30th weekend 10 years ago as well.

There shouldn't be any rights issues. Disney owns TVS, because TVS was sold to IFE in 1993, which was sold to Fox Kids in 1997, which was bought by Disney in 2001. The problem is actually stuff going missing during those ownership changes.
[-] The following 3 users Like JAS84's post:
  • benzj, bkman1990, Ma76

I'd love to see another '30th Birthday Bash' style celebration. Crack out some of the old programming again. Tots TV on in the early morning, and maybe towards the 7-9pm slots, some of the shows for older children, like Press Gang. Heck, have a special episode of HOW with Fred Dineage as a special guest.

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]
[-] The following 4 users Like Blubatt's post:
  • bkman1990, Ma76, Roger Darthwell, Rorylufc

(27-12-2022, 02:19 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I'd love to see another '30th Birthday Bash' style celebration. Crack out some of the old programming again. Tots TV on in the early morning, and maybe towards the 7-9pm slots, some of the shows for older children, like Press Gang. Heck, have a special episode of HOW with Fred Dineage as a special guest.
Fred is always on HOW - he is the ‘Head of HOW’.
[-] The following 3 users Like Kojak's post:
  • bkman1990, Happy2001, Ma76

(27-12-2022, 04:24 PM)Kojak Wrote:  
(27-12-2022, 02:19 PM)Blubatt Wrote:  I'd love to see another '30th Birthday Bash' style celebration. Crack out some of the old programming again. Tots TV on in the early morning, and maybe towards the 7-9pm slots, some of the shows for older children, like Press Gang. Heck, have a special episode of HOW with Fred Dineage as a special guest.
Fred is always on HOW - he is the ‘Head of HOW’.

Okay then, bring back old presenters, like Gareth Jones

[Image: SAD%20BLU2.png]