GB News

You’d have thought someone with as much broadcasting experience as Eamonn would know not to swear anywhere in a TV studio

And to think he recently criticised another former TV presenter for being rubbish and not even being able to read the autocue properly
[-] The following 2 users Like Andrew's post:
  • Alf Stewart, GMc

It’s a bit like Eamonn doesn’t give a f*** about being there - which is probably true… he’s such a seasoned broadcaster he knows every mic is potentially live, he just clearly doesn’t care. Shambolic.
[-] The following 2 users Like steve's post:
  • Alf Stewart, Brekkie

It's not a great look considering he's been riding the wave of calling out unprofessionalism amongst his former colleagues... Still quite hilarious.

I always assumed that a programme had to apologise as soon as it could if someone swore before the watershed, otherwise Ofcom give them a dressing down. I'm guessing nobody apologised?

(07-06-2023, 03:02 PM)Stooky Bill Wrote:  Yes of course, but if the presenters can't hear them they end up screaming out loud when one says f**k 
Big Grin Big Grin

Incidently I remember something very similar happening on BBC World many years ago - a presenter being put to air without their earpiece in and using a less worse expletive when they realised

Anita McNaught couldn’t believe it at the time she simply wasn’t aware and said the f word.

This could be nothing more than tabloid fodder, but it’s been reported Richard Madeley has been at GBN headquarters over the last few days…

www.mirror.co.uk 

Madeley's previously been a stand in on TalkRadio in the past for Mike Graham, as was Alastair Stewart, so he's a good fit.

Richard at GB "News" could be their version of Piers Morgan who is on Talk TV - if I was at GB "News" I would pit Richard on instead of Mark Dolan - Richard would be a perfect 9pm weekend host for that channel

(07-06-2023, 09:15 PM)harshy Wrote:  Anita McNaught couldn’t believe it at the time she simply wasn’t aware and said the f word.
I think that's the same incident I'm thinking of, if so she didn't use the F word

(07-06-2023, 05:36 PM)steve Wrote:  It’s a bit like Eamonn doesn’t give a f*** about being there - which is probably true… he’s such a seasoned broadcaster he knows every mic is potentially live, he just clearly doesn’t care. Shambolic.
That was my first thought. Totally phoning it in and then blames the gallery. To be honest, he was like that for a lot of his time at Sky - he was known to show up right before 6am, totally reliant on the producers, wouldn't prep himself...in total contrast to how Kay Burley is...
[-] The following 3 users Like Luc's post:
  • Alf Stewart, Omnipresent, steve

I remember when Eamon would sometimes sidle on to the studio set during the last few seconds of the titles.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread