GB News

The Gloria Meets... segment of her old show was the best thing about it. Good to see she's been kept on to do those interviews.

the-media-leader.com 

(18-11-2022, 12:55 AM)Worzel Wrote:  the-media-leader.com 

He must have never watched Dan Wootton.
[-] The following 4 users Like Rory N's post:
  • AJB39, LargelyALurker, London Lite, Newsroom

Portillo is back on GB News today, so it seems like his programme alternates with the Political Correction.

Unsurprisingly for Portillo his colourful suit is strobing.

(20-11-2022, 12:09 PM)Jon Wrote:  Portillo is back on GB News today, so it seems like his programme alternates with the Political Correction.

Odd though. The show is now called “Sunday with Michael Portillo”, though only the top of the hour titles have been changed to show this….the same titles are run into and out of breaks but they still say just “Portillo”.

Also he now presents from the breakfast bar for most of the show, but with some segments still from the sofa.

It’s all a bit odd. Was it pulled two weeks ago for a rethink? Yet it’s barely changed.

(20-11-2022, 06:24 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  
(20-11-2022, 12:09 PM)Jon Wrote:  Portillo is back on GB News today, so it seems like his programme alternates with the Political Correction.

Odd though. The show is now called “Sunday with Michael Portillo”, though only the top of the hour titles have been changed to show this….the same titles are run into and out of breaks but they still say just “Portillo”.

Also he now presents from the breakfast bar for most of the show, but with some segments still from the sofa.

It’s all a bit odd. Was it pulled two weeks ago for a rethink? Yet it’s barely changed.

I think you might be overanalysing to be honest. Lots of decisions may well be made week to week and there’s not much more to it than the whim of whoever’s in charge that week or month. Just a hunch.
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Kojak

Another set of schedule changes coming Friday looking at the GB News schedule on their website:

- Andrew Pierce moves to a two hour show from 12pm-2pm
- The Briefing With Arlene Foster moves to 2pm-3pm
- Patrick Christys's normal show on Monday-Thursday will now feature on Friday 3pm-6pm whilst still doing his Friday Night Feast show but now only from 8pm-9pm
- Laurence Fox is getting a Friday show at 7pm for an hour (Good lord!)

www.gbnews.uk 

They seem to like Patrick Christys very much at the moment if they are seriously giving him two shows a few hours apart on Friday! And I still can't believe 'Real Britain' is called Real Britain despite the fact half the content on the show probably doesn't represent Real Britain.

(20-11-2022, 10:08 PM)TMD_24 Wrote:  They seem to like Patrick Christys very much at the moment if they are seriously giving him two shows a few hours apart on Friday! And I still can't believe 'Real Britain' is called Real Britain despite the fact half the content on the show probably doesn't represent Real Britain.
It’s probably a case of a) he’s cheap b) he’s willing to do anything asked of him and c) he says all the ‘right’ things. In many ways I think he is GB News personified.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • Pips2022, TMD_24

I'm curious as to who will present Real Britain.

(20-11-2022, 08:39 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(20-11-2022, 06:24 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Odd though. The show is now called “Sunday with Michael Portillo”, though only the top of the hour titles have been changed to show this….the same titles are run into and out of breaks but they still say just “Portillo”.

I think you might be overanalysing to be honest. Lots of decisions may well be made week to week and there’s not much more to it than the whim of whoever’s in charge that week or month. Just a hunch.
I’d agree except for the fact it was on for three weeks and then disappeared, only to return in this slightly tweaked form. It suggests someone wasn’t happy and it got pulled for a rethink. When you consider what happened with Andrew Neil, a new show vanishing after a few editions is going to prompt such questions.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread