GB News

(18-08-2022, 07:46 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  What has happened to Patrick Christys?  He went on Holiday and has never returned to To The Point.

His Twitter says he's taken a 'mega break' and will be back at the end of August.

It appears the WBD share has been sold to Paul Marshall and Legatum who are already existing shareholders in GB News.

(18-08-2022, 11:44 PM)Ash101 Wrote:  
(18-08-2022, 07:46 PM)Ben Shatliff Wrote:  What has happened to Patrick Christys?  He went on Holiday and has never returned to To The Point.

His Twitter says he's taken a 'mega break' and will be back at the end of August.

Thank You. 

After I asked the question I looked at his Twitter Account and saw it. 

It was mentioned a few weeks ago about a new set. 
Has anything more been said and are we potentially expecting a September new look?

Dewbs has a distinct style which isn’t to everyone’s taste but after quite a nervous start when the channel launched, and a few tweaks her show is actually very good.

Nothing wrong with Merci and she makes an excellent foil for Christys (when he’s on!).

(19-08-2022, 04:07 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Dewbs has a distinct style which isn’t to everyone’s taste but after quite a nervous start when the channel launched, and a few tweaks her show is actually very good.

Nothing wrong with Merci and she makes an excellent foil for Christys (when he’s on!).

I think Muroki is really good - someone who’ll do well beyond GB News I reckon. Agree on Dewbs too - can’t say I make a point of tuning in but I’ve always been a fan of hers. 

They’ve still got some deadwood hanging around but it feels like they’re moving in a different direction now rather than the initial whinges between GBN presenters the channel seemed to be at the start. I think they need to ditch the desk in front of the big screen but visually the channel looks much better than it did. The area they use at breakfast looks really good. 

It certainly feels like the channel has established itself. I don’t really watch much of it myself but I think they’ve managed to shake off most of the reputation they initially had for shoddy production values. I do think a Talk TV merger is likely - predominantly GBN content but with Talk TV’s technical expertise would be an interesting proposition. You’d think The News Desk and Piers Morgan would slot right in.

They seem to have plastered the GB News branding across the room, unlike any of the other husting hosts. Bizarre.

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(19-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Josh Wrote:  Bizarre.

Really? Seems pretty sensible to me…
[-] The following 1 user Likes all new phil's post:
  • Jon

(19-08-2022, 07:21 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(19-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Josh Wrote:  Bizarre.

Really? Seems pretty sensible to me…
Yes, the Talk TV one had their logo printed in the background but was a very different set up. If they aren't going to plaster their logos all over it they might as well just broadcast a generic hustings. When broadcasters are hosting their own debates we see logos on the podiums and this is no different. 

To be honest I think the post just smacks of someone tuning into GB News expecting to find fault with the production values and but not really finding much.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • all new phil

(19-08-2022, 06:40 PM)all new phil Wrote:  
(19-08-2022, 04:07 PM)Scrotnig Wrote:  Dewbs has a distinct style which isn’t to everyone’s taste but after quite a nervous start when the channel launched, and a few tweaks her show is actually very good.

I think Muroki is really good - someone who’ll do well beyond GB News I reckon. Agree on Dewbs too - can’t say I make a point of tuning in but I’ve always been a fan of hers. 

They’ve still got some deadwood hanging around but it feels like they’re moving in a different direction now rather than the initial whinges between GBN presenters the channel seemed to be at the start. I think they need to ditch the desk in front of the big screen but visually the channel looks much better than it did. The area they use at breakfast looks really good. 

It certainly feels like the channel has established itself. I don’t really watch much of it myself but I think they’ve managed to shake off most of the reputation they initially had for shoddy production values. I do think a Talk TV merger is likely - predominantly GBN content but with Talk TV’s technical expertise would be an interesting proposition. You’d think The News Desk and Piers Morgan would slot right in.

I think if that were to happen they need to be careful.

There are quite a few people who like GB News partly because it is NOT a Murdoch channel.
Additionally Piers Morgan - if he got shoehorned in it wouldn't be popular I suspect.
The News Desk - yes, that's a very well produced show.

However, I'd prefer it if both channels survived independently. There is content I enjoy on both. Talk TV needs tweaking, rather like GB News did in the early days. I'm sure Murdoch will do that and it will improve.

(19-08-2022, 07:10 PM)Josh Wrote:  They seem to have plastered the GB News branding across the room, unlike any of the other husting hosts. Bizarre.

It's not bizarre at all. 

For all the channels hosting in these hustings, it's a great opportunity to get their name and brand out there.

It'd be pretty bizarre if they didn't.

GB News seems to be having a lot of issues today, they haven't had any technical problems for quite a while but today microphones have been going in and out. Dewbs & Co has fell off air twice.

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread