GB News

W. Knight
(08-12-2022, 03:53 PM)AllanTheScot Wrote:  I don't have the pics but can we just mention that Royal Reaction Room which is just a black room with lights and a big red chair

God, how utterly pathetic. What an absolute joke of a channel. It’s a miracle that anyone working there manages to keep a straight face.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kojak's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, JMT1985

(08-12-2022, 05:51 PM)Kojak Wrote:  God, how utterly pathetic. What an absolute joke of a channel. I wonder how the people working there manage to keep a straight face.

Apparently GB News pay very good salaries, so that is why. They simply think of their salary, and thank whatever deity they might believe in that they have a cushy job that pays their bills, especially in this cost of living crisis.

'Portillo' has been rebranded 'Sunday with Michael Portillo'.

I wonder what GB News, and also Talk TV will offer for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and Boxing Day?

Talk TV will be in their first Christmas, and last year when they are simply just talkRADIO, they had no proper live programming at all on Christmas Day, all recorded.

As I remember, Patrick Christys did the majority of the programmes last Christmas. He may do the same again.

twitter.com 

Apparently last night was the first time GB News beat BBC News (why can't they call it BBC News Channel?) across the 7-11pm primetime hours.

Despite the country turning left, I do believe GB News is now on its way to becoming the No.1 news channel. They just need to keep on with their marketing strategy and get a decent structure to their programmes especially on the weekdays and weekends. One change I would make to the weekdays is have Patrick Christys present the breakfast on his own. I know it is controversial but he does get people talking and he does provoke a lot of reaction whether good or bad.

Hopefully they will have a new studio as well. The current one is starting to look a bit tired considering it is only 18 months old.

As for TalkTV, I think old Rupert has to concede that the current of his channel is not working and needs a complete overhaul. Either that or go back to just being a radio station where it worked well.

I do read these figures and laugh as Kelvin really boasts about GB News, but we are a country of 67 million people, and an average of 96,600 chose to watch GB News between 7 and 11pm. Hardly a victory for any news channel.

I always love context - bare in mind we are 67 million people, and GB News Dan Wootton attracted an audience figure around the size of the city of Doncaster and its environs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes JMT1985's post:
  • benzj

I completely agree that all news channels don't attract the viewers and I personally put that down to a trust issue. However, I have noticed that more and more people are watching GB News and mainly because they see it as 'different' to the other news channels. I wonder how 2023 will play out for them in terms of viewership.

I'd debate that GB News and Talk TV aren't news channels in the traditional sense. They target those who want opinionated discussion, similar to LBC rather than Sky News and BBC News who target those who want rolling news rather than constant debate on a wheel of topics.
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • benzj

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread