GB News

I’m quite enjoying the irony of Conservative MPs Esther McVey and Philip Davies interviewing Conservative MP John Wittingdale about BBC impartiality.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jon's post:
  • Lester, thePineapple

Does anybody know when the new sets for GB News will make their debut?

I have recently been enjoying Stephen and Ann's weekend breakfast programme on GB News.

The channel could still do with a slicker look but it's so much better than a year ago.

Oliva Utley is the latest to join GB News. She is starting in October and departing from The Telegraph as a result.

twitter.com 

I know she's been a guest on Wootton's show in the past. Another on target move.

There is a new schedule for gb news gloria didn't peiro and mark longhurst to teem up Patrick christys moves to afternoons and there is a new show for calvin Robinson

(31-08-2022, 09:15 PM)Toby brown Wrote:  There is a new schedule for gb news gloria didn't peiro and mark longhurst to teem up Patrick christys moves to afternoons and there is a new show for calvin Robinson

Esther McVey and Philip Davies are also getting a Friday show as well. 

Alex Phillips appears to be leaving as well and Colin Brazier's future looks uncertain. Changes start Monday and on that subject that looks even more certain as GB News don't have a schedule on their website from Monday.

www.spectator.co.uk 

I defended GB News a lot back at both the blue place and the purple place, but isn’t this just going back to essentially how it was before January 2022? When the ratings were lower?

If it ain’t broke…

No mention of Mercy Muroki either, but I guess they'll keep her on the payroll as a contributor as she's on their editorial ideological wavelength.

Replacing Brazier with Patrick Christys seems a downgrade to me.

Remember they still have to find slots for Michael Portillo, Andrew Pierce, Olivia Utley who joins in October full time and Camilla Tominey, although I suspect Portillo and Tominey will get weekend slots as Camilla is continuing at her day job on weekdays.

Another thought that springs to mind is that Tom Harwood replaces Christys on mid-mornings with Mercy. *shudder*

Looking at his Twitter and appears Brazier has indeed left. Can’t understand why they’d drop Brazier and bring in Mark Longhurst, of course Brazier may have seen it as demotion to go back to daytime or he may have wanted to leave anyway, or they might have signed him on a very expensive contract at the beginning. He also seemed to sincerely believe in the project and his positions. Patrick Christys just comes across as a hyperactive salesman who just parrots off the shelf conservative positions.

Alex Philips is also a strange one, when it started she seemed to be one of the presenters with the most potential but has never really been fully utilised. She’s certainly a lot stronger than Dewbs at least in terms of delivery.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jon's post:
  • Pips2022

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread