GB News

Just follow the rules. I appreciate that they find that hard to do but surely it’s easy to understand the concept.
[-] The following 3 users Like Gibsy's post:
  • Alf Stewart, callumwatchestelly, Pompeytv

Blaming OFCOM and the "us against the MSM" talk is straight out of the FNC playbook.

(27-03-2024, 09:00 PM)EasternEagle Wrote:  GB News were running an article attacking OFCOM earlier on today on their website, it's now been put behind a paywall, but the article itself stated that it's an attempt by the mainstream media to 'shut down diversity in TV journalism'

www.gbnews.com 

It seems from what I've seen of the channel last few days and what is happening online, rather than heed the warnings by OFCOM they are now going to play the everyone is against us routine, this is bound to creep into their presentation.

They know what the end result is going to be in the next year or so. That is a huge fine that will make its backers reconsider or leave Ofcom with no option but to revoke their licence.

(27-03-2024, 10:50 PM)Gibsy Wrote:  Just follow the rules. I appreciate that they find that hard to do but surely it’s easy to understand the concept.
Indeed, and the thing is that if they don't want to follow the rules, they don't have to be on TV. They say they're doing well online so why not just save the hassle and expense of being on a TV platform?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Stooky Bill's post:
  • Gibsy

There's an old adage that groups like this have to exist in a permanent state of victimhood to achieve their ends and be allowed to play dirty 'to catch up'. If it wasn't OFCOM they were railing against it would be 'woke advertisers' not wanting to pay a premium to be associated with them or some liberal conspiracy to not have it piped into all public buildings. A slight exaggeration I admit, but not by much given the OAN playbook in the US.

Of course they play that card to their subscription base but then internally send memos demanding compliance.
[-] The following 5 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • callumwatchestelly, fatal paper cut, LDN, London Lite, matthieu1221

GB News seem to be experiencing technical issues with the studio screens in the Paddington studio this evening.

Since around 5pm, the news bulletins and general presentation has been at the sofa area, or stood by the wall next to the breakfast bar desk, keeping the main studio screens out of shot.

Technical issues, or redesigning that area of the set? I would imagine Gordon would want to implement some bigger ideas now, rather the small tweaks that seem to have appeared so far x Still the same at 11pm. One thing I’ve noticed these days the paper review ‘Headliners’ never uses a wide shot of the studio anymore, understandable in that area they were in, as it doesn’t work for the format with the presenter having that side desk but not sure what the problem is using the wide shot tonight.

(04-04-2024, 11:11 PM)Jon Wrote:  Technical issues, or redesigning that area of the set? I would imagine Gordon would want to implement some bigger ideas now, rather the small tweaks that seem to have appeared so far.

Seems to be back to normal now, for Breakfast.

I guess they could've been working on the design of the studio, but seems unlikely they would take all three desk areas of the studio out at the same time.

They could've been doing maintenance on the software driving the screens, I suppose.

Interesting observations regarding Headliners. Good Afternoon Britain uses that same area of the set and uses wide shots all the time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes James's post:
  • Jon

I doubt any live redesigning was the reason. It's a small open space only accessible by a small door that's frequently visible in the coach corner they were using. You would constantly hear and see people working.

The coach corner also shows the gallery through one of the glass walls and you can see camera shots of the unused corners. What's on the screens is pretty undecernable, but you can tell whatever was on them wasn't correct.

I'm pretty sure it was just an issue with whatever controls the screens. Every shot chosen either carefully kept any screens out of view, or for the coach corner where there's a screen on wheels to cover the other window wall that shows the cloak rack of the green-room, they removed the TV altogether.
[-] The following 2 users Like Fish92's post:
  • James, Jon

This is a Proactively Moderated Thread