CITV’s 40th Anniversary

(03-01-2023, 07:00 AM)ChipperBird Wrote:  I'ld rather see an announcement of some of the older shows people remember getting some sort of streaming release (Home media would be nice too but suspect that ship has sailed)

It's not so bad for much of the aquired content, but shows like Splatz, Mike and Angelo & the Rottentrolls stuck with circulating the tapes.

Some of it is available, albeit it not all of it.  T-Bag is on DVD, in some form at least.  Roger and The Rottentrolls was released in 2020 in DVD:
www.amazon.co.uk 

The rest of the shows is probably due to lack of demand and/or rights issues.

The ship has not sailed for home media, by any stretch of the imagination.  People said the ship has sailed for vinyl and cassette - the former has made a return and the latter is probably not far away.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • Ma76

We can always watch this and reminisce about happier, livelier times. It was a celebration of children’s programmes for ITV’s 40th birthday in 1995, but at least it’s some sort of 40th celebration.

youtu.be 

Plus that brilliant theme tune has brought back great memories.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fanoftv's post:
  • Roger Darthwell

Have the pre launch promos for the 1998 relaunch of IVC ever resurfaced online? I remember seeing them around a decade ago on TheWild1999’s channel before it was deleted, did anyone manage to save the clips?

There’s a second or two of the “reveal” promo on the 20th anniversary Birthday Bash programme if anyone hasn’t seen it before, where Stephen and Danielle crash through a banner with the new logo on it and are stood in front of the CITV Town model.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TVNerd's post:
  • ACTV

(03-01-2023, 01:45 AM)mumu03 Wrote:  
(27-12-2022, 11:20 PM)fanoftv Wrote:  CITV always feels like it’s not loved by ITV, look at how it wasn’t included in the recent rebranding (though some have said it may happen in the New Year). Long gone are the days of in vision presenters and even out of vision continuity, now even most trailers say that a programme is “on CITV” with no details of time, etc.

As I understand it, CITV's dedicated presentation department was cut down and then disbanded around 2015-16, with any remaining bare minimum obligations (i.e. the "on CITV" promos) now in the hands of effectively anyone available at ITV - programming commitments were shifted onto existing genre commissioners as well. Since that period at the very least, there hasn't been anyone working at ITV singularly to look after their children's output.

To be fair though the content is pretty heavily promoted on ITV1 - I probably see more ads for CITV than I do for CBeebies/CBBC, although admittedly I watch more of ITV.

Would be interesting to see the data for the amount of new (UK) content on all the childrens channels actually.

I have had a look at ITV's TV guide for this weekend.

I see no evidence that CITV is doing anything special for their 40th anniversary. No special programme with the old presenters, and no Old Skool Weekend.

I am not happy. Yes, the 3rd of January fell on a weekday this time. I don't think that should have stopped ITV doing something special on a weekend around the time.

Please excuse late replies. 

(05-01-2023, 08:38 PM)procrastination Wrote:  I have had a look at ITV's TV guide for this weekend.

I see no evidence that CITV is doing anything special for their 40th anniversary. No special programme with the old presenters, and no Old Skool Weekend.

I am not happy. Yes, the 3rd of January fell on a weekday this time. I don't think that should have stopped ITV doing something special on a weekend around the time.

Then I suggest you take your unhappiness and lob it in this direction:
www.itv.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes Neil Jones's post:
  • DeMarkay

I think it’d be far more appropriate to have some sort of anniversary show on ITV1 or another of the grown-ups’ channels.

CITV’s audience aren’t going to care about the anniversary, and would almost certainly prefer that their favourite shows aren’t replaced with Rainbow or Supergran.

Whilst personally I enjoyed the Old Skool Weekend, it did seem rather unfair that the channel’s regular viewers had to put up with a nostalgia-fest aimed at their parents’ generation.
[-] The following 4 users Like Spencer's post:
  • DeMarkay, eyeTV, harshy, insert_good_username_here

The best bet, as others have already said, would be to put some of the classic shows that ITV still hold rights to on ITVX, perhaps as a FAST channel in addition to on demand access.

Longer term, I would love to see Neil Buchanan era Art Attack appear on Disney+ in the UK, as I think it would be a great addition to the platform and people would enjoying watching it again, perhaps with their own children.
[-] The following 3 users Like TVNerd's post:
  • insert_good_username_here, Ma76, Spencer

(05-01-2023, 11:22 PM)Spencer Wrote:  I think it’d be far more appropriate to have some sort of anniversary show on ITV1 or another of the grown-ups’ channels.

CITV’s audience aren’t going to care about the anniversary, and would almost certainly prefer that their favourite shows aren’t replaced with Rainbow or Supergran.

Whilst personally I enjoyed the Old Skool Weekend, it did seem rather unfair that the channel’s regular viewers had to put up with a nostalgia-fest aimed at their parents’ generation.
Aah it was cool though I think I kept the original recording somewhere all those wonderful endcaps and drama Rama idents it was just so much cooler but agreed it’s all lost on todays children.

(05-01-2023, 11:59 PM)TVNerd Wrote:  The best bet, as others have already said, would be to put some of the classic shows that ITV still hold rights to on ITVX, perhaps as a FAST channel in addition to on demand access.

Longer term, I would love to see Neil Buchanan era Art Attack appear on Disney+ in the UK, as I think it would be a great addition to the platform and people would enjoying watching it again, perhaps with their own children.

There's quite a few of the classics already on Britbox - Press Gang, Children's Ward, Dangermouse, Wizadora, Tots TV
[-] The following 2 users Like Steve in Pudsey's post:
  • Ma76, TVNerd