BBC/ITV South East News

(01-10-2023, 06:51 PM)London Lite Wrote:  Sara Thornton loaded up the wrong BBC Weather logo for the SET forecast.  I checked BBC London and she used the right one.

[Image: SET%20011023.jpg]

I'm surprised it's still available on the system!

(01-10-2023, 09:22 PM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I'm surprised it's still available on the system!

I doubt that’s the oldest branding relic still in the system - I’m sure I saw a behind the scenes video of the North West Tonight gallery relatively recently where they were talking about how they pick the lighting/graphics being used in the Studio, and one of the options on the list was Late Kick Off, a programme which hasn’t aired for the best part of a decade!
[-] The following 7 users Like Critique's post:
  • chrisherald, IanJRedman, interestednovice, London Lite, Ma76, Superman1986, UTVLifer

(30-09-2023, 11:57 AM)IanJRedman Wrote:  I'm wondering if it might be Plymouth or Norwich, but neither of those are particularly near the south Big Grin

twitter.com 
There isn't a main broadcasting facility any further south than Plymouth. You'd be in the sea if you tried, or on the CIs or Isles of Scilly.
[-] The following 2 users Like Stuart's post:
  • Ma76, TJTSW

I hope they leave Plymouth alone for a while yet, however i hace noticed that Victoria amd some of the others have done a lot more standing by the weather screen for top stories recently so are they getting ready for the new style set?
also does anyone know if they qould go back to that temp set they built back for when they had the major upgrade back in 2015 if that is still there, not that it was very temp at the time.
[-] The following 2 users Like TJTSW's post:
  • interestednovice, Stuart

I'd imagine they kept that temporary set for a short while in case there were any teething issues with the main studio, but I'd imagine it's long gone by now and the space reverted to being a conference room.
[-] The following 3 users Like Stuart's post:
  • interestednovice, Superman1986, TJTSW

Since we are talking about the new studios. What is powering the new LED backdrops? Is it just a CasparCG HD playout and can you key over them. Additionally what about the tower can guests or live shots be placed on it. Or on the older studios is it too much to handle?
[-] The following 3 users Like rkolsen's post:
  • interestednovice, Spencer, Superman1986

SET crashed off air this lunchtime during a VT with Sportsday from the NC on from 1336.

(04-10-2023, 12:44 AM)rkolsen Wrote:  Since we are talking about the new studios. What is powering the new LED backdrops? Is it just a CasparCG HD playout and can you key over them. Additionally what about the tower can guests or live shots be placed on it. Or on the older studios is it too much to handle?

What's powering it, IDK. I think it is Caspar, Birmingham have Caspar for astons and Caspar 'FF' as their sources, FF being full frame.

But can they put OS on it? yes they can.

Julia George has presented her last edition of Politics South East today.

At a guess, SET Political Editor Charlotte Wright will replace her in January.

They just announced at the end of BBC South East Today that Geoff Clark has died aged 77.
[-] The following 8 users Like Nobby's post:
  • Kendal87, London Lite, lookoutwales, Nige, Stockland Hillman, Superman1986, TVFan, TVHead