BBC/ITV South East News

I'd guess NWT would move into what is the current sport studio once Breakfast and Sport move into their new studio allowing for the current studio to be refitted.
[-] The following 4 users Like London Lite's post:
  • bkman1990, DeMarkay, Spencer, UTVLifer

(23-04-2023, 12:21 PM)London Lite Wrote:  I'd guess NWT would move into what is the current sport studio once Breakfast and Sport move into their new studio allowing for the current studio to be refitted.

The current temporary sport studio of course being North West Today/Tonight’s usual second presentation point.

So, yes, you would think once Breakfast and Sport move downstairs, that’d be ideal time to decamp and update NWT.
[-] The following 5 users Like steve's post:
  • bkman1990, London Lite, Quantum+83, Superman1986, UTVLifer

Kudos to SET for managing to squeeze a stand up area for explainers.

[Image: 04_24%20-%2018_30_00%20-%20South%20East%...31_109.jpg]

[Image: 04_24%20-%2018_30_00%20-%20South%20East%...35_781.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like London Lite's post:
  • alfiejmulcahy, chrisherald, Ma76

I didn't screengrab it, but during Breakfast, the local radio mid-morning plug segment was also done from the stand-up position. With the old set, the Radio Kent presenter would do it to a fixed headshot from the sofa.

Politics South East managed to cram everyone into the SET temporary studio.

[Image: 04_30%20-%2010_00_00%20-%20Politics%20So...38_346.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes London Lite's post:
  • chrisherald

South East Today had to go off air this evening due to what Natalie Graham described as an "electrical fault". Programme recommenced at 6.48pm crashing out of Sportsday with the short programme titles.
[-] The following 4 users Like MLehon's post:
  • bkman1990, chrisherald, London Lite, Superman1986

(04-05-2023, 06:52 PM)MLehon Wrote:  South East Today had to go off air this evening due to what Natalie Graham described as an "electrical fault". Programme recommenced at 6.48pm crashing out of Sportsday with the short programme titles.

Edited clip of the breakdown.

youtu.be 

Kasia Madera reporting from Westminster on this evening's South East Today and good to see the former higher profile News Presenters are now getting back to work.
[-] The following 3 users Like MLehon's post:
  • AndrewP, Kojak, Superman1986

South East Today is now entering its 4th week of being decamped. There's been significant variation in how long each English Region has been decamped for so far, ranging from 12/13 weeks (Nottingham/Birmingham, respectively) down to 6/9 weeks (Hull/Leeds, respectively).

Depending on how quick a turnaround is achievable in Tunbridge Wells, the earliest we're likely to see the new set is presumably 5th June.
[-] The following 5 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • interestednovice, Quantum+83, Stuart, Superman1986, UTVLifer

It has apparently been confirmed that Reporting Scotland will debut its new LED set on Monday 12th June.

What are the chances of a possible double-whammy, with SET also launching its new set that same day?!

I'll not hold my breath.
[-] The following 2 users Like Former Member 406's post:
  • Quantum+83, Superman1986