New Year's Eve

None of BBC1, BBC2, ITV or C4 have a live show this evening. When did each last have one?

(01-01-2023, 12:36 AM)Meteor Wrote:  None of BBC1, BBC2, ITV or C4 have a live show this evening. When did each last have one?

BBC1 concerts were live a few years ago.

Romily Weeks seeing in the new years on ITV News this evening
[-] The following 2 users Like Yorksman's post:
  • bkman1990, Roger Darthwell

Anyone know what studio the Sam Ryder special was recorded in?

I guess it’s the difficulty of getting talent to perform live on New Year’s Eve. In contrast RTÉ in Ireland are broadcasting Westlife live from the New Year’s Festival in Dublin leading into midnight and for 45 minutes afterwards.
[-] The following 3 users Like AJB39's post:
  • bkman1990, Meteor, Roger Darthwell

BBC Scotland's Hogmanay show is also pre-recorded. Probably a wise move not to do a live outdoor OB with today's weather.

I always get nervous when it gets to :57 and the BBC One performer (in this case Sam Ryder) hasn't wrapped up their performance even though it's always back timed perfectly so there's always 60 seconds left!

What does that say about a channel if it scares fish? Just talk me through that.

(01-01-2023, 12:36 AM)Meteor Wrote:  None of BBC1, BBC2, ITV or C4 have a live show this evening. When did each last have one?

The BBC concerts were live before COVID weren’t they?

They also used to have a presenter linking it all together

Now it’s just 3 completely disconnected parts

Recording the concert was one of those things brought in just for the Covid period that has now become normal, like cutting the length of Children in Need
[-] The following 4 users Like Andrew's post:
  • AJB39, bkman1990, chaose, UTVLifer

Yeah Andrew that's what we think, 2019/20 was the last live show.

It's a bit pants really.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Meteor's post:
  • AJB39

Yes the last live one being Craig David I believe.

The live shows used to be at Westminster Central Hall with a presenter like Roman Kemp or Stacey Dooley at the venue.

Now they appear to be in a TV studio.