BBC/ITV Wales/S4C News

Andrea Byrne makes her BBC - and radio - debut tomorrow (no, she hasn’t left ITV although I think she’s more freelance than staff)

She’s on Radio Wales from 12-2pm, covering for Wales Today’s Lucy Owen (they seem to be using that slot to rotate presenters following Carol Vorderman’s sacking)

www.instagram.com 
[-] The following 2 users Like lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR, Superman1986

(09-02-2024, 10:52 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  Andrea Byrne makes her BBC - and radio - debut tomorrow (no, she hasn’t left ITV although I think she’s more freelance than staff)

She’s on Radio Wales from 12-2pm, covering for Wales Today’s Lucy Owen (they seem to be using that slot to rotate presenters following Carol Vorderman’s sacking)

www.instagram.com 

Very interesting. I think she will come across well on radio.

I was under the impression that that is now permamently Lucy Owen's slot on Radio Wales. It did rotate around a bit for quite a few weeks, then around three or four weeks ago it moved to a later start time of midday and Lucy Owen has presented regularly since (incidentally, Owen Money beforehand has gained an extra half hour twice now, with the show extended to 11:30 when Carol began). The programme guide on the BBC website also calls the show 'Lucy Owen' now. I doubt this will greatly affect Lucy's Wales Today role, especillay with there being three lead presenters across the week.

www.bbc.co.uk 
[-] The following 1 user Likes RhysJR's post:
  • lookoutwales

(09-02-2024, 05:48 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  The first - and so far, only - broadcast debate in the Welsh Labour leadership contest's been announced.

It will take the form of a hour-long BBC Wales Live special (in front of a studio audience) on Wednesday 21st February at 9pm on BBC1.

Radio Wales will also be taking the debate as part of an extended news special from 8.45pm - 10.30pm that evening.

Now a press release on the Welsh Labour leadership election coverage. The above the only major additional programme (there was an interview special of Politics Wales last Sunday).

On the day of the result itself (Saturday March 16th) BBC Radio Wales will have a special programme presented by James Williams, with Alun Thomas hosting a similar programme on Radio Cymru at 1pm. No TV coverage mentioned, but presumably it will be covered extensively on a News Channel opt.

www.bbc.co.uk 

(09-02-2024, 05:48 PM)lookoutwales Wrote:  The first - and so far, only - broadcast debate in the Welsh Labour leadership contest's been announced.

It will take the form of a hour-long BBC Wales Live special (in front of a studio audience) on Wednesday 21st February at 9pm on BBC1.

Radio Wales will also be taking the debate as part of an extended news special from 8.45pm - 10.30pm that evening.

The BBC Wales Live Welsh Labour leadership deabte looks like it crammed a small audience into what was the sport studio. I'm not sure if the recent move of Scrum V and Clwb Rygbi to a green screen set was related to this. I was expecting something in the atrium, but using an actual studio, however small, worked well.

The hashtag remained on screen throughout, whilst the QR code popped up every ten minutes or so. The QR code redirects to the live page on the BBC Wales News site.

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

up.metropol247.co.uk 
Web Image

(22-02-2024, 02:53 AM)RhysJR Wrote:  The BBC Wales Live Welsh Labour leadership deabte looks like it crammed a small audience into what was the sport studio.
I bet they could have squeezed a few more skinny people in that audience. Angel

(13-02-2024, 05:16 PM)RhysJR Wrote:  On the day of the result itself (Saturday March 16th) BBC Radio Wales will have a special programme presented by James Williams, with Alun Thomas hosting a similar programme on Radio Cymru at 1pm. No TV coverage mentioned, but presumably it will be covered extensively on a News Channel opt.

www.bbc.co.uk 

Not sure how much of that results day schedule will transpire now as Sky Sports have unhelpfully selected Swansea City v. Cardiff City to kick-off at 12:30 that day, something you would imagine both stations would be keen to air live on all frequencies. And as soon as the football finishes, Wales v. Italy in the Six Nations kicks off at 14:15, so it won't be until three hours or so after the result that the schedules will be free of sport of national level importance.

Let's hope that the actual announcement happens during half-time of the South Wales derby or something.

Cue a goal or try being scored and the cheers of the crowd being clipped as reaction to the news of our new leader. Big Grin
[-] The following 1 user Likes Brekkie's post:
  • RhysJR

Unlike the last time Peston was moved to Monday because of football (the day of King Charles' cancer diagnosis), ITV Wales's Sharp End has moved to Tuesday night after the News at Ten. Last time it aired on the Monday after Peston at close to midnight.

And a nice cameo return of Culverhouse Cross to Wales at Six in a live on travel disruption expected tomorrow. The area was the former HQ of ITV Wales until the move to Cardiff Bay.

Comedy producer Sioned William has been named S4C's interim chief executive - she takes on the role part time from next month before going full-time in April.

She previously held roles as ITV's head of comedy and as a commissioning editor at Radio 4 - and before that, was a producer at Hat Trick and Talkback (including the spoof documentary Knowing Knowing Me, Knowing You)

news.sky.com 
[-] The following 1 user Likes lookoutwales's post:
  • RhysJR

There is a joke to be made about ITV having a Head of Comedy but they probably wouldn't commission it.
[-] The following 4 users Like Brekkie's post:
  • DTV, lookoutwales, RhysJR, Tim G